The Content Of The Article:
Ornamental shrubs have by their special appearance a very special jewelry value in the garden. Ornamental shrubs with berries are especially great.
Eye grazing in the garden
Today we would like to introduce you to five ornamental shrubs, which are not only a feast for the eyes and what are quite unusual in the garden, but also have fruits from which you can eat some or at least consume them in a processed state. From these delicious fruits you can then for example make liqueur, jam or other goodies. Maybe you can make friends with the one or the other shrub we present to you here.
5 ornamental shrubs with berries
- Blauschoten: Unusually, the blue, about ten inches long fruit look, but who has tasted once, who will find that they taste very sweet. By the way, they are eaten raw. However, patience is required, the fruits are formed only after about 10 - 15 years.
- Sham berry: This is a ground cover that produces berries in the summer, whose oil is used to flavor chewing gum and toothpaste. These berries are not edible, they are considered slightly toxic.
- Buffalo: A pretty shrub with small red berries that can be made into jelly.
- Oil pastures: The berries look a bit like nuts, can be harvested from August and processed into jelly or juice.
- Mahonia: These shrubs are evergreen and produce red-black berries. These taste particularly good as juice and jam and are also suitable for dyeing textiles.
Well, are you now interested in a shrub? Then let yourself be advised in the next shop just more about your favorite shrub.