The Content Of The Article:
- Ingredients for the recipe (for 4 people)
- Preparation (preparation / preparation time: 40 minutes)
- Pull avocado yourself
Ingredients for the recipe (for 4 people)
- 250 g asparagus
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon of granular mustard
- 200 g strawberries
- 4 sesame bagels
- 1 box of garden cress
Preparation (preparation / preparation time: 40 minutes)
1. Wash asparagus, peel, cut off hard ends, cook in a little boiling water with 1 teaspoon of salt, sugar and 1 to 2 tablespoons of lemon juice for 15 to 18 minutes until firm. Then drain, quench, drain and cut into bite-sized pieces.
2. Halve the avocado, remove the kernel, remove the pulp from the skin and finely crush or puree in a bowl with a fork. Stir in mustard and season with lemon juice and salt.
3. Wash strawberries, pat dry, clean and cut into small pieces.
4. Cut the bagels in half and toast the cut surfaces as you like. Coat the bottom with the avocado cream, spread strawberries and asparagus on top and sprinkle with cress. Create top and serve.
Pull avocado yourself
The core of the avocado is very large and slightly ovate
Who would like to have an avocado plant, peels out the big core inside. Pierce the tips of three toothpicks a few millimeters deep horizontally into the core. They serve as support surfaces and hold the core so that it can float above a glass filled with water. He must not touch the surface of the water. Inspired by the high humidity at a window seat that is over 18 degrees Celsius, a root pushes downwards. Later, the first shoot grows out of the gap of the nucleus. Then it's time to put the young avocado plant (Persea americana) in pots of fresh potting soil. Here it continues to grow with high humidity and heat. But it will take up to ten years before it will bear fruit. Avocados grow in normal houseplant or garden soil. In summer you can also put them outside.