The Content Of The Article:
Open, insulate and insulate the roller blind boxInadequate insulation of the roller blind box results in high heat losses, which cost unnecessarily much money. With a few simple steps, these costs can be reduced and energy saved.
Insulating and insulating the roller blind box can be done even by less experienced craftsmen.
The tool and material
Before you can open, insulate and insulate the roller blind box, you should first have the required tools and material ready.
- To open the roller blind box a screwdriver is needed.
- Suitable insulating material are thin insulation boards which have a thickness of ten to 25 millimeters (for example polystyrene).
- For cutting the panels, a sharp carpet knife should be used.
- Silicone or construction foam is used to fix the insulation boards.
As a rule, the roller blind box is covered with wallpaper or other material. First, the locations on the box at which the edges of the shuttering meet together must be determined.
- Place the carpet knife at this point and separate the material thereon with a clean cut.
- The roller blind box is connected with screws, which feels
Need to become.
- Cut crosswise at this point with the carpet knife and expose the screws.
- Now all screws have to be unscrewed.
- Then the cover can be removed carefully.
First, the blinds are pulled up as far as possible, so that the box can be properly insulated. Then, the individual steps can be performed, which are described here.
- 1. The insulation boards are cut to size in precisely fitting strips.
- 2. The cut strips are placed very close to the bottom of the roller blind box.
- 3. For the corners of the box can be additionally used wood wool, which is inserted into this. The roller blind should still be easy to move.
- 4. For the sample, a strip of insulating material is now placed on the cover of the roller blind box.
- 5. In front of the box, the cover is now kept accurate.
- 6. Again it is checked whether the roller blind can be moved without problems.
- 7. Then the insulating material with silicone or construction foam can also be fixed inside the cover
- 8. Once the fixation has dried well, the cover can be screwed on again.