The Content Of The Article:
Ingredients and recipe
Chili con carne recipe (for 4 people)
Preparation time: approx. Two hours
1-2 red chili peppers
2 peppers (red and yellow)
2 cloves of garlic
750 g mixed minced meat (as a vegetarian alternative hack from Quorn)
2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon tomato paste
about 350 ml of meat broth
400 g of passed tomatoes
1 teaspoon paprika powder sweet
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
400 g chilli beans in sauce (tin)
240 g kidney beans (tin)
Salt, pepper (from the mill)
3-4 jalapeños (glass)
2 tablespoons of freshly cut parsley
1. Peel onions and dice roughly. Wash chili peppers and chop. Wash the peppers, cut in half, remove the seeds and cut into short strips. Peel garlic and chop finely.
2. Fry the minced meat in the hot oil in a saucepan until it is crumbly. Add onions, garlic and chilli and fry for about 1-2 minutes.
3. Sweat the paprika and tomato paste briefly and deglaze with the broth and tomatoes.
4. Add the paprika, cumin, coriander, oregano and thyme and, with occasional stirring, allow to simmer for about one hour. If necessary, add stock. During the last 20 minutes, add the chili beans and sauce.
5. Drain the kidney beans, rinse, drain and add to the volume. Season the chili with salt and pepper until spicy.
6. Drain the jalapeños and cut into rings. Add the parsley to the chili and serve.