The Content Of The Article:
Ingredients (for a springform 22 cm diameter)
For the cake
- 75 g of dried apricots
- 75 g of dried plums
- 50 g raisins
- 50 ml of rum
- Butter and flour for the mold
- 200 g of butter
- 180 g brown sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 eggs,
- 250 g flour
- 150 g of ground hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 100 to 120 ml of milk
- Abrasion of an untreated orange
For the decoration
- 500 g white roll fondant
- Powdered sugar to work
- 1 knife tip CMC powder (thickener)
- Sugar glue (edible glue)
- 3 wooden ice stalks
- 1 tablespoon currant jam
- 75 g mixed berries (TK) for garnish (for example raspberries, strawberries)
- 1 tbsp raisins
Preparation (preparation / preparation time: 3 hours)
1. Soak apricots and prunes in lukewarm water and raisins in rum (at least 2 hours).
2. Preheat the oven to 180° C top and bottom heat. Spread springform with butter, dust with flour.
3. Beat butter with sugar and salt until creamy. Separate eggs, stir in the yolks one by one. Mix flour with nuts and baking powder, stir in with milk.
4. Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold in.
5. Drain apricots and prunes, cut into small cubes. Lift with dripped raisins and orange scrub under the dough, fill everything in the form and spread smoothly.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes (chopstick sample). Then let the cake cool, remove from the mold, let cool on a wire rack.
7. Knead for the deco roll fondant, roll out 5 millimeters thinly on icing sugar and cut out a 30 centimeter circle. Using a cookie cutter (with a wavy edge), stick a zigzag edge on the fondant circle.
8. Cut out a hole pattern with a small hole grommet (size no. 2). Cover the fondant circle with cling film so that it does not dry.
9. Knead remaining fondant with CMC powder, roll out thinly on icing sugar and cut out or cut out 6 fir trees.
10. Stick two trees together with sugar glue, each with a wooden handle between them, which protrudes 2 to 3 centimeters from the tree at the lower end. Allow to air dry for at least 4 hours.
11. Brush the top of the cake thinly with jam and place the fondant circle on top. Put prepared fir trees in the cake, arrange berries and raisins around them.