The Content Of The Article:
If the lawn sowing is to take place only in the following year and the area to be planted still has a "bare" winter in front of him, the frost can be a useful helper in the meantime. You can easily set the time and the minus degrees for you, provided the weather plays along.
1. Dig the future lawn with a spade. Water can penetrate the earth better.
2. The invading water freezes, expands and breaks up the clods. The result is a feinkrümelige earth texture.
3. Apply a thin layer of sand in the spring.
4. Then sow the seeds.
Deep loosening and drainageIf the turf grows on a hard-packed loamy soil, then neither sand nor compost can bring about the desired success. In this case, a deep loosening by a professional. This usually requires special machinery. In addition, a built-in drainage drain can provide constant drainage.
- special drainage pipes are laid underground
- in a bed of sand and gravel