The Content Of The Article:
Ingredients for the recipe (for four people)
- 150 g of white bread
- 75 ml of olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 750 g ripe green tomatoes (eg 'Green Zebra')
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 green pepper
- about 250 ml vegetable broth
- Salt pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of diced vegetables (tomato, cucumber, paprika) and parsley for garnish
1. Slice the white bread into small pieces, place in a bowl and drizzle with the oil. Peel garlic and squeeze to the bread. Wash the green tomatoes, remove from the stalk, cut crosswise at the bottom and brew briefly with boiling water. Remove, quench, skin, quarter, core and cut into small cubes.
2. Peel the cucumber, cut it in half, corer it, chop it roughly. Wash the peppers, halve, core, remove white partitions, cut the pods into pieces. Add the tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers with the soaked bread and most of the vegetable broth to the blender and finely puree.
3. Add some broth as needed to make a thick soup. Season the vegetable soup with salt, pepper and vinegar, fill into glasses and serve garnished with diced vegetables and parsley.