The Content Of The Article:
- deep wells
- Who is allowed to build a well?
- Cost and material for a blower well
- Create a blower well
- Cost of approval
- Cost after groundwater depth
Behind the rather old-fashioned term "water intake" hides a collective term, which includes different structural measures for the production of water. The water is usually obtained from groundwater leading earth layers, but can also come from sources. A deep well is only one of the possible forms for the water intake. Anyone planning to build a well in their garden or on the weekend property should first familiarize themselves with local conditions and regulations.
considerationsIf you decide to build a well in your own garden, you first have to find out how deep the groundwater is at all. After determining the water level, it is decided which type of well is used.
- Rammbrunnen, Schlagbrunnen (water catching by ramming, water depth up to 7Meter)
- Bohrbrunnen (water catching by drilling, water depth clearly under 7 meters)
deep wellsAs the name implies, deep wells are drilled into deep water layers. This endeavor requires expert support in many cases. Professionals bring with them the necessary expertise as well as the necessary equipment. For irrigation of a small garden area deep wells are usually not provided under a water depth of seven meters.
permitsBasically, the "hitting a well" (whether for garden or Nutzflächenversorgung) the competent water authority must be displayed. Because: When setting up a well, you have to drill into the groundwater. This involves the danger of considerably influencing the groundwater level. When viewing it is checked, depending on the depth of the well
- a water authority approval
- a water authority permit
Who is allowed to build a well?In many municipalities / cities, a well that requires approval may only be built by a well construction company! Impact or ramming wells that are only subject to notification, can be beaten with a self-assembly kit to a depth of about seven meters and suitable soil conditions.
Cost and material for a blower wellAn impact or ramming well can be set up to a water depth of 6-7 meters, if the soil conditions are loose and sandy. This type of deep wells are relatively inexpensive to carry out with a self-assembly kit from the well-stocked hardware store. Drinking fountains can not be used to produce drinking water, yet they are ideal for irrigating gardens or as process water from holiday homes. You need:
- Rammbrunnenset (Rammfilter with Innentresse, well construction tubes 7 m), sleeves, hammer, check valve): about 150 euros
- Well drill (auger with drill head, 6 m length): about 80 euros
- Hemp (for caulking): about 5 euros
- Fermit (sealant, permanently elastic): about 6 euros
- Rotary pump: from 50 euros
- Flushing sleeve: about 9 euros
- Total cost: 300 Euro (plus licensing fees and equipment rental fee)
Create a blower well
The construction of a hammering well is done using a steel tube with a pointed end. At the top there is a drip well filter. The steel tube is rammed into the ground until the water-bearing layer is reached. The creation of a ramming well depends heavily on the local soil conditions. For very loose ground, deep wells with a maximum depth of 6-7 meters are possible with this variant. The water is removed via a pump. This is connected to the top of the steel tube and can be operated either manually or electrically.
constructionIf the depth of the water is known, the condition of the soil has been checked and approval has been obtained, it may be necessary to build the ramming well. The auger is now slowly turned into the ground at a suitable location.
1. Drill hole for the deep wellBefore the water can be removed, of course, first a hole must be created to the water-bearing layer in the ground.
- always turn slowly by hand
- the drill must not be overloaded
- never hit the drill or machine it
- always pull out and empty after two to three turns
- If you encounter impenetrable rock, better drill a new hole
2. Screw together the pipesNow follows the demanding part of the well construction: The pipe sections must now be interconnected, sealed and hammered into the ground.
- Ramming filters and pipes (screw together in the length of the pre-drilled hole)
- Carefully seal each thread on the steel tube with hemp and Fermit
- the threads may only be recognizable in the approach
- screw two pipes each with a sleeve
- screw in so far that the pipes in the sleeve collide inside
- good pipe wrenches are worth gold at work
3. hammer in the steel pipeThe pre-assembled pipe is now (as far as possible) let into the hole (with the filter down). In order to protect the thread of the upper steel tube, the impact head should be screwed all the way onto the thread with each new tube that is attached at the top. So then pipe for pipe is placed, sealed and hammered into the ground. This works best with an electric rammer, which can be borrowed in the tool rental (hardware store). Alternatively, the pipe can also be hammered in manually.
- Insert pipe into the hole
- Screw on the impact head
- Carefully drive with electric rammer until just above ground level
- Alternatively, hit manually (several medium-hard, centrally placed punches)
- Caution: using brute force may destroy the thread
- Target: the pipe should penetrate at least one meter into the groundwater layer
- otherwise the pump draws air when the groundwater level fluctuates
4. Connect the pumpOnce the desired depth has been reached, any contamination in the pipe (such as sand) must first be removed.
- Insert the garden hose into the bottom of the pipe and rinse up the sand
- Mount flushing sleeve
- Rinse for about 5-10 minutes (removes dirt from the filter opening)
- First, mount the swing pump without a check valve
- at intervals (from 10-15 minutes) until the water is clear
- Install check valve (carefully seal thread)
- Reconnect the pump
Cost of approvalFees for Deep Well Permits may vary by municipality. On average, it is to be expected that the following costs will be charged:
- about 40 euros for the ad
- Fee depending on the construction costs of the well
- possible fee for the exemption of any prohibitions for water protection areas
Cost after groundwater depth
However, if the groundwater is very deep, there is no alternative to the well. In this case, the well pipe is introduced into the soil by a combined rinsing-drilling process. A pump presses the water from bottom to top. These deep wells are subject to approval, with the issuing authority granting the permit only in rare exceptional cases. In addition, a well construction company (usually with certificate) must make the construction. A venture that can quickly explode costs.
- Deep wells up to 7 m: about 500-2000 euros
- Deep wells up to 20 m: about 15,000- 20,000 euros
- Deep well 150 m: about 200,000 euros
Before the construction of a deep well, local conditions and legal regulations must be checked. If the groundwater level is below ground level at around five to seven meters, a self-assembly kit can be a cheap option. With suitable soil conditions (relatively loose) is a deep well to build for about 500 euros.