The Content Of The Article:
Install the door lining - how it works!If you want to install a new door, the door lining also plays a role. The door lining belongs to the door frame, which in turn consists of a door frame and door frame.
Consequently, the door lining is the part of the frame that bears against the masonry, while the door frame covers it and is mainly used for optical reasons. In the present, doors can be installed without any problems. Even non-craftsmen usually succeed. Accordingly, installing the door lining is not associated with any great difficulties.
Find the right door lining
At the beginning, of course, is the measure, so that the door finally fits perfectly into the door opening. Although one or the other can be corrected afterwards, this is only possible to a limited extent. Therefore, the correct measurement of the door opening is very important. Basically you measure the opening in its width and height.
But that's not all: for the frame and thus for the door lining you have to know what strength the wall has. Here, wall covering and plaster must be taken into account. With this knowledge you can now
on the search for the right frame including door leaf.
It is best to take his measurements with you and show them to an employee at the point of sale. This usually knows what dimensions frame and door leaf must have for each wall opening. When buying
Do not forget the installation foam for installation from the door leaf and frame.
Install the door chuck
At home, it is now necessary to install the door. The installation of the door lining is the most time-consuming work:
- First, the parts of the entire frame are glued together and screwed with the supplied plastic claws.
- Now the frame is inserted into the door opening and aligned.
- Subsequently, the door chuck is inserted and provided with a spreader, which holds the parts at the intended distance and in the opening.
- At this time, the moment has come for the mounting foam: It is introduced between the door lining and wall in the cavities and not only seals the same, but also connects the door lining firmly to the masonry.
- Once the foam has dried, you can remove the spreader and continue with the installation of the door.