The Content Of The Article:
When choosing the plants for the tub, care should be taken that they are perennial and do not get too big. They have to be taken to a wintering area, which can often lead to space problems. Also for the potted plants, the same conditions apply in terms of potting soil and fertilizer.
Plant flower boxes and potsSuitable planters are available in garden shops in all imaginable designs. Not only the different sizes, but also the different materials ensure that everyone can find their favorite box. You can hang the flower boxes to the outside of the railing, you can hang them inside (takes space) or mount them on top of the railing. There is the right mounts for everything. Alternatively, there are also individual pots in special designs that are placed on top of the railing. No matter what you choose, a flower box is planted correctly:
- First spread a layer of expanded clay on the bottom of the box.
- If possible lay a layer of fleece for flowers.
- Then apply a layer of good potting soil.
- If desired, place the plants without a potty.
- Fill with the potting soil all around.
- Not flush with the top edge, but leave a finger wide room.
So when watering the plants, the water can not run over the edge and drip down. When buying the flower boxes should be paid to a good and stable quality. A filled flower box can get a decent weight and therefore should not be made of thin plastic. In addition, in such a heat the earth dries out very quickly.
Care and fertilizerGood potting soil was mixed with a dose of fertilizer, so you do not need to fertilize the freshly planted flowers immediately. Depending on how luxuriant the plants are, they need additional fertilizer after only two weeks. It is also important that the flowers in the pot and box are sufficiently supplied with water. The warmer the temperatures and the higher the balcony or the more it is exposed to the sun, the more water the flowers need in the box.
Tip: Put small water-filled bottles upside down between the flowers - this is an emergency water ration for hot days.
The soil should not dry out completely, if the potting soil is bone-dry, it then accepts the water only very badly. Often the necessary wetness does not reach the roots or runs past the inner walls of the flower box and out at the bottom of the extraction holes. It is better to add water in small portions than let it dry out. But even wet potting soil is not good for the plants. It promotes root rot and is a good base for pests that love moisture. Mostly, however, the plants rot away from below.
Further examples of easy-care balcony plants
If you have a garden or a balcony, every year the question arises, which flowers should decorate the outdoor area this year. The choice is versatile and so the decision is usually not so easy. However, if you are looking for the most easy-care balcony plants and potted plants, you can limit your choice at least a little.
- Pelargonium, which can be used for many years, has been one of the most popular balcony plants for many years. It is considered one of the most easy-care balcony plants ever, because no matter whether sunny or shady location - the geranium grows and thrives. Even if it gets very dry, this plant does not resent the owner. So if you have little time or simply do not care about the care of flowers, but do not want to give up their splendor of colors, is best advised with the Pelargonium.
- In addition, the Edelpelargonie offers perfect, because they not only has very large flowers that are visible from afar, but also a bright color palette of white, on blood red to squeaky pink. Although Edelpelargonien are not considered quite as robust and resistant plants, but they do not do excessive work.
- If the balcony is more in the shade, the diligent Lieschen offers. New varieties bring warm pinks with them and become the highlight in the flower box.
- Again and again palm trees are particularly popular because they are the epitome of Mediterranean flair. But the bamboo is always happy to be taken or even small fruit trees whose fruits you can even reap.
- The orange or cherry tree in miniature edition brings freshness to the balcony and on the plate.
- If you would like to enjoy fresh herbs in salad dressing, you can create a real herb garden in a flower tub on the balcony, which is delicious, fresh and easy to clean at the same time.