The Content Of The Article:
If the flyswatter can no longer control the situation, many will pull the chemical club. However, such remedies are not only expensive and dangerous for humans and pets, they can also give rise to resistance in some insects and thus become ineffective.
Biologically controlling and preventing flies and fruit flies has several advantages. So the biological fly control is cost-effective, safe for the health and also for the environment gentler. With the right means and measures but effective.
preventionAs is often the case with flies and fruit flies: Prevention is better than cure. It is better than fighting the annoying insects, not to let them into the house. First of all, it is important to know your preferred food sources.
They are attracted by:
- Food and drink residues
- fruit and vegetables
- used cat litter and other animal excrement
animal feedIn order not to attract the insects first of all, some factors should be taken into account, especially in the warm seasons.
- observe the appropriate storage of the food
- Keep fruits and vegetables better in the fridge
- Food, drinks and leftovers should not be left outside
- Dishes are best rinsed immediately after use, wiping contaminated surfaces
- Wash out or tightly seal beverage bottles
- do not leave any animal feed
- Clean animal toilets and cages frequently
- Remove garbage immediately outside the apartment
- Wash out the trash can
- Close trash bag tightly
- If possible do not put trash cans close to the house
Free airFlies and fruit flies like warmth and stale air, which smells like food and in their case also like garbage or dung. Another important preventive measure is the frequent and regular airing. However, open windows are also an invitation to the winged insects. When opening the windows is therefore again pay attention to some points.
So should be aired only when it is cool outside and the windows are in the shade. This not only prevents mold growth, flying is also less active at this time. Of course, this is not always possible, especially in summer. In addition, windows and balcony doors should therefore be provided with fly screens or curtains. In addition to flies, they also keep mosquitoes and moths away. Special versions also filter pollen from the air, so they are ideal for allergy sufferers.
Tip: Check the nets regularly for damages and holes and replace them if necessary, only then can they fulfill their task.
Somewhat more effective in houseflies is a mixture of abundant sweetener, but not stevia, and sugar water or fruit juice. The flies do not drown in it, but poison themselves by the liquid. Unfortunately, they still come a bit further and usually do not land directly in the trap, which in turn requires cleaning. Similarly, the classic fly agaric trap, by which the fly agaric got its name. For this purpose, a mushroom is cut into small pieces and covered with warm milk. After about a day, the milk is infiltrated with the poison of the fungus and ensures a quick end to the flies. However, there is a danger here that even pets could poison.
Frequently asked questions
- Can I make flypaper myself?
- Are flying problems only possible if it is not clean?
Worth knowing about fly traps soonAs soon as the temperatures rise, so does the chance that one inevitably encounters flies in the house and garden. They almost always interfere when food is involved. The only way to catch the flies is a combination of fly defense and fly trap - depending on where you want to use them.
- Those who want to avoid flying in the house, should first set to fly defense by means of a fly screen.
- For doors, a curtain is suitable e.g. made of bamboo. This does not have to be tight. It is sufficient, if the door is hung over a large area.
- The most famous fly trap consists of a combination of glue and a sweet mass that attracts flies by its smell. These fly traps are already available from about 2 Euro per 4 pieces and they are very effective especially in fruit flies.
- In the trade, there are suns and stars that you can stick to the window. These motifs are wetted on the surface with a deadly substance, so that the flies die within a short time after touching the flytrap.