The Content Of The Article:
A carpet of pennywort covers the ground at the edge of the pond. In June and July, it shows its small, yellow flowers. From the light green carpet the spring flowers bloom in spring: checkerboard flower and summer knotweed, the big, moisture-loving sister of the Märzenbecher. The Little Marsh Spurge opens its buds now. From May, the marsh forget-me-not completes the flowering. It wraps itself in sky blue until late summer. At the same time the water lily shows its ability on the water.
Ornamental grasses at the garden pond
Ornamental grasses may not be missing at the edge of the pond. Small, but fine is the Stark gold sedge: Its narrow, light foliage enriches the bed, above it in May and June, the brownish flowers. Significantly larger is the hanging sedge, whose flowers reach over one meter in height. During the summer the purple Greiskraut grows to similar size. Its orange-yellow flowers are in nice contrast to the dark green foliage.
The planting plan for our design idea
Planting plan and shopping list
1) Purple Greiskraut 'Othello' (Ligularia dentata), dark yellow flowers from July to September, 120 cm high, 3 pieces, 15 €
2) Pennywort 'Aurea' (Lysimachia nummularia), yellow flowers in June and July, 5 cm high ground cover, 15 pieces, 40 €
3) Summer knotweed 'Gravetye Giant' (Leucojum aestivum), white flowers in April / May, 45 cm high, 35 bulbs, 20 €
4) Hanging sedge (Carex pendula), brown flowers in June and July, stems 50 cm, flowers 120 cm high, 2 pieces, 10 €
5) Meadow forget-me-not (Myosotis palustris), blue flowers from May to August, 40 cm high, 4 pieces, 15 €
6) Rigid golden sedge 'Bowles Golden' (Carex elata), brown flowers in May and May. June, stalks 40 cm, flowers 70 cm high, 4 pieces, 20 €
7) Chessboard flower (Fritillaria meleagris), purple flowers in April and May, 30 cm high, 25 onions, 5 €
8) Small marsh spurge 'pond lantern' (Euphorbia palustris), pale yellow flowers from April to June, 60 cm high, 3 pieces, 15 €
9) Water lily 'René Gérard' (Nymphaea), pink flowers from May to September, planting depth 80 to 50 cm, 1 piece, 15 €
(All prices are average prices, which may vary depending on the provider)