The Content Of The Article:
- Ingredients for the recipe (for 4 people)
- Preparation (preparation / preparation time: approx. 80 minutes)
- Tip: Homemade lemonade from wild herbs
Ingredients for the recipe (for 4 people)
- 600 g of floury-boiled potatoes
- 200 g parsnips, salt
- 70 g of wild herbs (for example Rauke, Giersch, Melde)
- 2 eggs
- 150 g of flour
- Pepper, grated nutmeg
- according to taste: 120 g bacon in slices, 5 spring onions
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
Preparation (preparation / preparation time: approx. 80 minutes)
1. Peel the potatoes and parsnips, cut into chunks and cook in boiling salted water for about 20 minutes. Then drain, put back in the pot, let evaporate and press through the potato press on the work surface.
2. Wash herbs and chop them roughly. Knead eggs, flour and wild herbs under the potato mixture and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
3. Make eight dumplings with moistened hands, add to boiling salted water and simmer for about 20 minutes.
4. Dice the bacon roughly and fry in a pan in hot oil until crispy. Clean the spring onions, wash, halve, swing under the bacon, fry for about a minute and then remove. If you do not like it so hearty, just skip this step.
5. Add the butter to the pan, remove the dumplings from the pan with the skimmer, drain well and fry in the butter until light brown. Add the bacon-onion mixture, swing again and arrange in a large bowl.