The Content Of The Article:
Setting granite steles - Prices & DimensionsA stele is a higher freestanding pillar. In the past, they were used as tombs, inscriptions or landmarks. Granitstelen are, as the name suggests, made of granite, so natural stone. Stelae are usually quadrangular and taper slightly towards the top, which is why the shape is also called obelisk.
Today, granite steles are also used in the garden. So you can secure a terrace on slightly sloping terrain and ensure a very neat, closed degree. For this purpose, the steles must be the same width, so do not rejuvenate. They are ideal for any type of slope attachment. Even as a water tapping point in the garden, granite stelae are doing well.
Even as a fence they are used, but not really cheap variant for a fence. Cheaper are there steles for bedding, as a closing stone or as lawn edge. Since the stones are not upright, but used horizontally. Even as stairs steles in the garden and at the house are used. Granite is not cheap, but you can see it. Apart from the appearance, granite defies the forces of nature and does not weather.
The upwardly tapering granite stelae are rarely bought. More practical are the normal stelae, with the same length, width and height. They are offered in a variety of dimensions.
- The most common are 1 meter high steles, 25 cm wide, in different thicknesses.
- The strength lies
usually between 8
and 12, usually at 10 cm.
- Not to be underestimated is the weight. Depending on the strength, it is between 50 and 70 kg per piece.
- Generally there are steles from a height of 40 cm up to a height of 300 cm. Of course you can also have them custom made.
- The prices differ of course, depending on the provider. It makes a difference whether you buy at a hardware store or from a natural stone trader or stonemason. In any case, the quality is important.
- Stele 8 x 25 x 100 cm - about 15 to 20 euros
- Stele 10 x 25 x 100 cm - about 20 to 25 euros
Granitstelen are mainly used for slope attachment. But they also give off ideal fence elements and also do well as pure decorative objects in the garden. Granite is not cheap, but it lasts almost forever. You have to use the material very purposefully so that the garden does not look too cool. Otherwise, the properties of natural stone are great for outdoor use. At the granite stelae you will enjoy for a long time.
- As a mounting depth you usually take the fact that you dig in the bottom quarter. But that can vary, depending on the local conditions.
- You can also cast in the steles.
- A price comparison is worthwhile, since the prices vary a lot.
- When buying on the Internet on the delivery cost!