The Content Of The Article:
Although grass usually does not require much care - unlike some other plants in the home garden -. It can sometimes be a real trick play, the grass seeds to germinate properly. In some places, it still does not work despite multiple attempts and usually then a thorough reinvestment of lawn area is the only way out germinate grass seeds nationwide.
Here is an overview of the most important tips and tricks on how to make the greening the easiest and most uncomplicated way:
The alpha and omega in the alphabet of grass seeds
If you want to germinate grass seed, you should definitely choose the right season for sowing. Nothing is worse for the sensitive grass seeds than temperatures below ten degrees. So the first rule for planting grass seeds is that it should always take place in a warm season. The ideal time is among hobby gardeners and professional gardeners the fall. At this time of the year the soil is still warm enough, sudden ground frosts are mostly excluded and the soil still contains a lot of moisture - ideal conditions.
In addition, you should already have learned when buying the seeds of which variety fits best to the respective soil, because for shady lawns there are certain varieties that are specially adapted to the different lighting conditions. The easy-care varieties include the German ryegrass, meadow raspberry, red fescue and lagerrispe. For a purely representative lawn, the turf grasses Rotschwingel, Meadow Teaser, Lägerrispe and Zweis Kammschwiele are suitable.
The properties and performance are genetically determined in the seed and so good lawn mixes contain specific grasses grown for grass use. Although these mixtures are more expensive than feed gas mixtures, they are definitely worth their money. For a layman, the choice is often difficult considering the many offers and price levels. Therefore, you should always seek advice from a specialist.
A high quality grass seed is often germinable after five years. If there is a bad or uneven germination, this is usually the result of insufficient water supply. Once the seed has swollen and the germination process has begun, it must never come to a standstill. As soon as the seed dries out, it interferes with the germination process and the seedling dies. In this area, then balding or a thinner lawn result.
How to tackle it - step by step
Even with the sawing of the lawn you should pay attention to some tips, so that hopefully nothing can go wrong:
- The entire area on which the lawn is to be sown must be thoroughly dug with the rake. The depth can be 20 cm.
- All plants and plants that could affect grass seed growth should be removed with the root during this process.
- Once this is done, the ground can be leveled with a rake. Thereafter, the earth should not be processed for about 14 days longer - the peace is good for him...
- The sowing of grass seeds should be started by sown and fertilized at the same time. In this way, you can ensure ideal wax conditions for the grass seeds. With the fertilizer must be taken to ensure that it contains phosphorus, because only so the seeds can be supported in the growth and promoted. Nevertheless, one should be careful not to use too much fertilizer as this in turn can be harmful to the seeds.
- The grass seeds should be distributed evenly and not too dense, as this may hinder the seeds from growing. For very large areas that need to be stocked with grass seed, a trolley is suitable. This saves a lot of time and the distribution of seeds is as even as possible.
- After sowing the seeds, the seeds should be lightly pressed into the soil, but not deeper than 1 cm. This is especially important because the grass seeds need light to germinate that would be taken from them as they are pushed deeper into the earth.
- The moisture of the soil should be ensured especially in the first four weeks. Only then can the seeds fully develop their growth at this critical beginning.
The following applies: prevent dehydration during the first three weeks by pouring several times a day, especially during periods of drought. One reason for gaps in the lawn is also rather an uneven application of the state property and is not due to the loss of germination. Especially if the seed is distributed by hand, this can happen quickly.
In small depressions also often gaps arise because the converging water has suffocated the seed at this point. Such gaps should be replete with the original mixture as soon as possible.
If everything went according to plan, then you will see the first young plants sprout out of the soil after about a week. However, it will take another 2 to 3 weeks before a lawn can be seen everywhere. Good luck with the plants!