The Content Of The Article:
Ingredients for the recipe (for 4 people)
- 1 yellow watermelon
- 2 buffalo mozzarella
- 4 shoots of a mint
- 1 nut mixture
- olive oil
- coarse sea salt
- Flowers of nasturtium and cornflowers
1. Cut the melon into approximately one centimeter thin round slices. Then remove the green border. Make sure that the discs stay as round as possible.
2. Also cut the buffalo mozzarella into thin slices.
3. Fry the nuts and kernels in the pan briefly and without fat.
4. Place a large melon slice on a plate and drape three pieces of mozzarella on top. If the melon is quite small, it looks good to stack several discs.
5. Remove the upper leaves from the sprouts of mint and garnish with the flowers of nasturtium and a few single blue cornflower petals. Now add a few kernels from the nut mixture.
6. Finally, sprinkle a few drops of high-quality olive oil, season with pepper and coarse sea salt - the salad is ready!
By the way: There are many more edible flowers than you think! Mallows, borage or roses and many more are included. In her new online magazine "Summer Kiosk" Garten-Miss has described this topic in detail. In addition to an extensive list of edible flowering plants, there are still plenty of tips to preserve the aromatic flowers. This way, the summer can be conjured on the plate without any problems, even in winter!
About the Garden Miss
Silvia Appel aka Garden Miss
Silvia Appel, 31, lives in Würzburg and runs her own garden there. She also raves on her city balcony. The graduated media manager has managed to turn her passion into a career. In her parents' garden, which lives in a village of 60 souls, she has already internalized gardening as a little girl. Since 2013 she writes on garden-fraeulein.de about the attitude to life garden, balcony and nature. Meanwhile, she is also on the road as a book author, online shop operator and as a sought-after expert for TV programs and garden magazines.
Garden Miss on the Internet: