The Content Of The Article:
- This is how the cultivation of tomatoes succeeds
- Healthy tomatoes from our own garden
- Prevent diseases and pests
- The tomato as a perennial plant
- Your own garden as a fountain of well-being
- How healthy are tomatoes?
Tomatoes are not only extremely healthy and therefore popular. They are also easy to grow, are available in different varieties and thrive in the garden, in the planter, as well as on a small balcony in the flowerpot. Tomatoes from our own garden taste best, are organically grown and are therefore especially healthy in consumption. The low effort for breeding makes them an attractive and popular summer vegetables.
This is how the cultivation of tomatoes succeedsThe gardener can either buy small plantlets, or pull the tomato plant directly from the seed. Sowing is in March, the introduction of the plants in the garden soil, however, should not take place in front of the Eisheiligen. Purchased, but also self-grown plants are placed in individual small pots and cultivated in the greenhouse or on the windowsill to a height of about 20 to 30 centimeters. With the existing greenhouse, it is not necessary to make a planting in the garden. Greenhouse grown tomato plants tend to be stronger and more productive as they are not affected by weather conditions. When repotting itself, the gardener should be very careful with the delicate plant and take care that the root ball is not damaged. To suspend the plants is best done as follows:
- Carefully remove the tomato plant from the too small pot
- Leave earth around the root ball
- put the plant in a sufficiently large plant hole
- Fill soil, press soil lightly
Healthy tomatoes from our own gardenThe tomato contains all the essential vitamins like
- Vitamin A
- vitamin B
- vitamin C
- and vitamin A.
Prevent diseases and pestsTomato plants extract abundant nutrients from the soil. Without fertilization, the gardener will therefore not record a rich harvest and will recognize only a few ripening tomatoes on the plants. But you can basically do without chemical fertilizers. The use of organic fertilizers such as cow dung or compost, has proven successful in tomato farming and contains just the nutrients needed for vigorous growth and a rich harvest of tomatoes. The most common disease of the plant is an infection with fungi. Tomatoes need to:
- the fungal attack
- the fruit or stem rot
- the bloom end rot
- the white fly
- and in front of snails
The tomato as a perennial plant
Your own garden as a fountain of well-beingDue to its low-calorie and vitamin-rich texture, tomato is one of the most important and tasty details of the diet. In order to really choose healthy and richly stocked tomatoes with vitamins, the gardener can take care in their own cultivation. The plants should neither dry out nor be kept too moist. Waterlogging is not a friend of this plant and leads to the diseases listed above, as well as to the rotten root. Since there are different varieties of tomatoes, the gardener can decide on a fruit with the desired flavor and a stature height and growth range according to its existing possibilities.
How healthy are tomatoes?95 percent of the tomato is water. This is the case with many vegetables or fruits. The remaining 5 percent are all the healthier. It contains 13 vitamins, 17 minerals, many phytochemicals and fruit acids. Especially, B-carotene, vitamin K, vitamin C and folic acid are represented.
Especially important are the contained carotenoids, which are responsible for the red (yellow and orange) color of the tomatoes. Many are a precursor of vitamin A and important for good vision and for the protection of the skin and mucous membranes. Also, the tomato is attributed to the protection against coronary heart disease and atherosclerosis. This is mainly due to the substance lycopene, a special carotenoid with antioxidant properties. This should protect the cell membranes. It fights the free radicals in our body.
It is interesting to know that lycopene from tomato juice or puree is much better absorbed by the body than by fresh tomatoes. This is because the relatively heat-resistant lycopene develops fully only at higher temperatures. But you can also achieve a good balance with a few drops of olive oil.
Scientists recommend eating about 250 grams of tomatoes daily. This makes a contribution to the health of your own body. Tomatoes from our own garden are especially recommended. They are treated and treated in a healthy way, without chemicals and do not have a long transport path behind them. Fresh on the table, that's the way it has to be.