The Content Of The Article:
The own garden is a large field for the personal taste, the preference for one or the other design. It must of course be taken into account how the climatic conditions are designed, because then depends mainly on the type of possible planting.
Central European gardens rarely have a climate that offers an ideal habitat to tropical plants, with a few exceptions. If the garden is to be designed to be easy to care for health reasons or for lack of time, mostly stones are used.
Stones for the home garden
At the thought of making his garden with stones, some garden owners may first have an inner picture of a rocky desert in mind. There are not only countless variations on how to make your garden with stones, but also many different kinds of stone. So everyone can design according to their wishes and bring their individual taste.
Create stone paths in the garden
Depending on the nature of the property, its location and the benefits, garden paths are created to reach dry feet even in the far corner of the garden. You can concret a garden path, which is certainly very convenient and will be done quickly. The garden path can also be designed individually, and there are almost infinite varieties. These materials are on offer:
- Pebbles in different sizes
- Wood shavings or
- wooden planks
- Natural stone slabs
What is a gravel garden?
If not just a path with stones, but parts of the garden to be designed with it, there are also a variety of suggestions. Now, there are also some important issues, such as the laying of panels or the design of individual stone groups. A garden design with stones is usually considered for the reason to make the garden easier to care for, but still preserve the naturalness. Here are some important points to keep in mind:
- It is not enough just to dump a load of gravel or stones into the garden, the ground must be prepared.
- For this purpose, the topsoil is removed on the intended surface up to 30 cm depth.
- This excavated soil is mixed with gravel in a coarse grain size (eg 16-32 mm diameter).
- This mixture is then returned to the surface and covered with a plastic fleece.
- Wherever plants are to be used, the fleece is cut in a cross shape.
- When the plants have been used, a 5 cm thick layer of gravel or fine gravel comes to cover the fleece layer.
- Above all, this layer ensures that the growth of weeds is prevented.
Maintain and plant gravel gardens
Of course, a gravel garden does not have to get extra ways again, the open spaces between the plants can be done without hindrance. It is easy to get to the plants, which of course need their attention and care, as in a "normal" garden. Even though the water requirements of the plants are considerably lower than usual, it is important to control the moisture and fertilizer supply. However, it should be noted that in the heat should not be fertilized at all. Tip: Dryness can still occur under the fleece under heat.
For a rock garden, typical plants are selected which are available under the term "prairie plants". These beauties are also very good between the stones:
Include boulders in the garden
If a beautifully grown garden, a new bed, the front garden a new picture or interesting points are to be inserted into the garden, also the so-called "boulders" can be used. These are large stones that are often placed in the garden for their exceptional appearance. These are especially beautiful specimens that can even come from all parts of the world. If foundlings are less massive, they can also be used to demarcate paths, driveways, or goalposts. These special stones can also surround the garden pond or decorate the edges. As you can see, the design of the garden with stones is not monotonous and boring at all, it depends only on your own creativity.
Worth knowing about stones in the garden
Gravel is often used in garden design as a floor covering, as it has a whole range of benefits. Its structure combines hard stone or concrete floors with soft grass surfaces in a harmonious way. In garden design, it can serve as a transition between the two areas. Even sandy areas are ideal as a boundary or for a smooth transition between the different garden areas. Gravel is weatherproof, practical and very decorative.
- In order to create a gravel surface, the soil is excavated about 8 cm deep, with clay and sand a little more and with rock a little less.
- Then the unwashed gravel or gravel is distributed 6 cm high on the intended surface.
- The gravel surface can be edged and fixed by bricks or stones.
- As a cover layer is preferably used round Erbskies, he is ground and compacted around the water.
- Well compacted gravel is a prime surface covering and a decorative background for plants with pronounced colors and shapes.
- The one-year orange gold poppy seeded in the gravel itself harmonizes very well with golden feverfew.
- For a luxuriant planting of the pebble surfaces one creates small recesses, which are filled with fertile earth.