The Content Of The Article:
As the winter season gradually fades away and spring approaches, hobby gardeners and botanists can calmly prepare themselves for the best time of the year: the gardening season. With a beautiful and well-kept lawn everything is known to fall and fall when it comes to the local outdoor facilities. And so does the lawn fertilize in the spring "every year again" a very important role.
Before fertilizing comes the care...
The fact is that cold, ice and snow do not pass unnoticed on an otherwise insensitive turf. On the contrary, because both the root system and the individual blades of grass had literally a "heavy burden" to bear for many weeks. This makes it all the more important to give the lawn a special care at the beginning of each year in order to prepare it for optimal growth.
Ideally, one starts in this context with a "refreshing" grass clippings, however, the cutting height should not fall below the five-centimeter mark. Afterwards it is advisable to liberate the lawn from dead plant parts as well as from old, rotting moss residues in order to give the green finally again the "air to the breathing", which it so urgently needs. In this way the best basis for an optimal "restart" is created.
In summary, the perfect lawn fertilizer care breaks down as follows:
- grass clippings
- Remove moss and dead stalks
- Let the lawn dry
- Cutting edges
- Fertilize the lawn
- Sow turf seeds if necessary
- Lawns "rest", grow and thrive
Ideally, long-term fertilizer is used. Because after a "stressful" winter phase and a subsequent "grueling" care, it does not really make sense to use fertilizers that deliver the active ingredients directly and directly to the lawn. But the so-called slow-release fertilizer is characterized primarily by the fact that he gradually releases the stored nutrients and active ingredients to the grasses in a gentle way. Because the products of the individual manufacturers can sometimes be used in different ways, it is always advisable to follow the packaging instructions.
Fertilizing is not the same fertilize
Never should the fertilizer used be applied to the lawn in hot, sunny weather. In that case, there is a danger that the treated areas will literally "burn up" sooner or later. It makes much more sense to distribute the fertilizer in the morning in the morning, when it is still moist and fresh outside. Damage to the lawn is avoided in this way - and the active ingredients reach precisely and directly into the soil to the roots.
Different factors come to fruition
However, one thing is absolutely necessary: the even distribution of the fertilizer. Experienced turf professionals know that the regularity of fertilization depends on several factors. So, in particular, the nature and variety of the lawn, the frequency (recreational lawns, frequent use, playing area, etc.) and the average cutting height must be taken into account. Nevertheless, the fertilizer itself also plays a role in this regard. Because the higher the proportion of active ingredient, the less often can be fertilized in the rule. Usually, a lawn is fertilized about three to four times a year.
Interesting facts about lawn fertilization shortly
- When the lawn starts to grow in spring, it's time to give it a few care units. After the first lawn cut (cut height not less than 5 cm), it should be vertically adjusted to remove dead plant parts, moss and leaves.
- The lawn felt prevents the lawn from growing, it has to go. The lawn is ventilated, prevents ground wetness. At the same time, mosses and harmful fungi are inhibited.
- It makes no sense to scarify a wet lawn. He should be well dried. After the care measure, the lawn often looks unsightly. But since only healthy, strong grasses are available, this is fast.
- It is always only one way. The device must be set so that neither the ground is damaged nor the turf damaged.
- After the verticulation, it's time for spring fertilization. You only use lawn fertilizer. There are special fertilizers for the spring.Slow-release fertilizers are ideal because they deliver their nutrients very slowly and evenly to the grasses.
- For application is best to use a fertilizer carriage, because you can dose the fertilizer exactly. The amount is on the packaging and should be strictly adhered to.
- The ideal time to fertilize is a dull rainy day. So it does not cause burns and the fertilizer gets quickly to the grass roots.