The Content Of The Article:
Lawns, also called lawn bars or grass pavers, are an interesting way to attach a surface and still create an attractive look. These stones can be laid well even without prior knowledge, as they are very handy and no complicated tool is required for the installation. From the optics they are very discreet and adapt to any environment.
Lawn stones - can be used many times
Grass stones can be used in all areas around the house. They are ideally suited as background for a car post area. The stones also look good as a sidewalk or as an area in front of a house. Also in the field of garbage cans, in front of a garden shed or around the compost are lawn grids are ideal to attach a surface. With a little skill and creativity, the stones can also be used to bring very interesting accents to a garden, as a larger surface is laid with it and perhaps even light balls illuminate this area. Especially for people who are looking for an alternative to the classic flowerbeds, can thus realize an interesting garden area.
Laying grass stones - preparation
First, of course, the area to be laid in order to get the appropriate amount of grass stones must be measured. Due to the small and handy shape of the stones, it is not absolutely necessary to have the stones delivered to you. A trailer, which can be borrowed many times in the hardware store, is sufficient to transport the stones. In addition, the following materials are required:
- rubber hammer
- straight board of at least 50 cm in length
- several small horsehorses, herrings or similar
- spirit level
- a little sand
- Lawn seeds or gravel as required
Laying grass stones - step by step
- First, the substrate must be prepared: Depending on the plants are to remove, remove other stones or digging already existing lawn. The earth, which serves as a substrate, should be well loosened before it is then knocked back firmly. To get the surface as straight as possible, paint over the surface with a board or similar and remove excess soil. In between, always flattening. The easiest way is with a rammer, if this is not available, but it is also a bucket of sand, with the back of the blade or the like. It is important that the loosened soil is compressed as firmly as possible, so that no air holes form, which could later sink. Depending on the terrain, a few shovels of sand can be mixed to aid in straightening under the ground.
- If a hard, straight surface has been created, the stalks, pegs or the like should be put into the ground at least every fifty centimeters around. It is very important that they are facing each other. The opposite sticks are then connected with a string or the like. Accuracy is very important in this work, because the threads serve as a guide, so that the grass stones are then also laid straight. This means, if the first track is wrong, the whole area could possibly go awry. If available, modern laser measuring instruments can also be used here. For this purpose, a board or similar would be necessary, which is placed upright so that a fixed point can be fixed.
- Are the strings just curious, it can go already and the lawn grid can be moved. Start with a straight line that works stone by stone. The strained threads now ensure that the grass stones are not misplaced and the lawn grid results in a straight pattern.
- To set the stones something, is used when laying the rubber hammer. The grass stones can be tapped optimally without a too strong blow would drive them too far into the ground. Here, a spirit level can be very useful, so that the area receives a height and each stone is in the balance. Stone by stone will create a beautiful and even lawn grid.
- Greening lawn stones - sowing grass seed
Let the grass stones lie quietly for a night or a few days before they see the lawn. They still have the opportunity to repair any bumps.It may be necessary to spread some earth on the grass stones, which must be spread with the broom in the gaps of the lawn grid, so that enough soil for the lawn seeds is present. However, this is not always necessary, if the soil is already high enough or if there was already a lawn underneath the grass lattice, the seeds can now simply be spread over the turf stones and evenly distributed with a broom.
In the next few days you should not forget to water the area regularly, then the seeds will germinate quickly. Too high growth, the grass stones can be easily driven off with a lawn mower.
A nice alternative to the lawn is to fill the grass bars with small gravel or gravel. This is available today in many colors and can also set beautiful accents. With a leaf blower the lawn grid is cleaned quickly in the fall.
Conclusion: Worth knowing about the laying of turf
- Lawnstones are a practical and widely usable variant for the entire outdoor area. They are simply self-laid and also very comfortable in their care.
- Lawnstones are available in all shapes and sizes, with a different load capacity. Furthermore, there are the grass stones made of different materials such as concrete or plastic.
- Concrete pavers have regular hole inserts. After laying the cavities are filled with soil or with soil-sand mixtures to the top and then there is seeded the lawn.
- The later lawn surface is due to the natural setting process slightly below the concrete edge and is thus in a kind of protection zone.
Due to their low weight, plastic pawns are much easier to lay than concrete bricks. The biggest difference, however, lies in the fact that plastic can be completely greened and the gray concrete bars are eliminated. So optically more lawns can be seen than is the case with concrete turf stones.
- Laying the plastic tiles is easy and very fast. Most plastic tiles have a hook-and-eye principle, which connects the panels firmly together.
- The soil structure is very similar to the soil structure of a paved road. The base layer is usually made of recycled material, the leveling layer of sand or grit and the plate filling made of grassy earth.
- Plastic turf stones do not usually cope with the force of a vibrator, so strengthening should be mechanical.