The Content Of The Article:
The normal citrus tree (citrus limon) is too large for the apartment with a stature height of up to 4.5 m. There are abeCare of the lemon tree:
- Lemon trees are best planted in a special soil for citrus plants.
- The repotting should happen in the spring.
- The lemon tree loves a bright location, but should be protected from direct midday sun.
- If you put the lemon in the summer on the balcony or terrace, it has a positive effect on growth and flowering.
- The lemon tree thrives at normal room temperatures, in winter the temperature should be 9 - 15° C.
- In spring, summer and autumn, the lemon tree should be moderately poured - the top layer of earth may dry slightly before being poured again. Fertilized should be every 14 days.
- In the winter only water so much that does not dry out the soil completely. Do not fertilize.
- During the growth phase you can cut back the lemon tree at any time. This promotes a bushy growth of the plant.
- Unfortunately lemon trees like to be attacked by scale insects.
There are different types of scale insects. Scale insects are up to 5 mm large insects whose females carry a white to brown, round or oblong shield, under which the eggs lie. They damage the plant in several ways:
- The females have a sting through which they suck plant sap.
- At the same time they release both secretions and fructose through this sting. This secretion damages the plants additionally.
- Through the feeding points mushrooms can get into the plant, for which the fructose is a nutrient medium. These fungi also damage the plant.
If only a few leaves are affected, they can be cut off. Burn the cut leaves or dispose of them in a closed plastic bag in the residual waste. The plant must be checked in the following period for the appearance of further scale insects.
With a low infestation, scraping with alcohol can lead to success. For this purpose, a cotton swab is soaked with high-percentage alcohol, dabbed the scale insects and then scraped off with a knife. Here you have to be very careful because the eggs sit under the sign and can be easily distributed when scraping.
Under no circumstances should you try home remedy formulas with tea tree or no oil. Citrus plants respond with leaf shedding.
Another possibility is oily agents against sucking insects. They are offered as a spray and act by airtight to connect the insects with an oil film with the plant and soerkicken. That's effective. Unfortunately, this also seals the leaf pores so that not only the scales but also the leaf suffocates. Therefore one should limit oneself with the spraying better on the trunks and branch forks. For the treatment of the leaves, spray a cotton swab well and dab the scales.
As a last resort, there are so-called systemic resources. These are agents that are absorbed by the plant through the roots, spread throughout the plant, and are taken up by the plant lice by the louse. They are offered as chopsticks or as granules. The sticks are put into the soil, the granules are incorporated into the soil. However, these remedies usually also contain fertilizer. This can easily lead to over-fertilization, especially in winter.
Too moist soil leads to the formation of few fruits. In addition, the sensitive roots can die off. Even too dry soil is not favorable. The decisive factor is the right dose. You should use low-calcium, soft water. For fertilizing you can use special citrus plant fertilizer.
The lemon tree is wintered at temperatures between 5 and 10 degrees Celsius. The room must be very bright. The location should not be changed during hibernation. Only very sparingly is cast. At these low temperatures, the roots cease their activities. This usually leads to the dropping of many leaves.
After a wintering in the house of the lemon tree must be slowly accustomed to the sun, otherwise it can lead to sunburn.
The best time to prune a lemon tree is spring. Fruit-bearing branches should not be trimmed. The cut is used to prevent the tree from becoming too big and bearing more fruit.
Scale lice often occur on lemon trees. Wollläuse also occur.With chemistry you should be very careful, but usually nothing else helps.
Video Board: How to Grow Citrus Trees Indoors EASY! - Complete growing guide.