The Content Of The Article:
- Advantages of the light stones
- Disadvantages of the glowing stones
- Manufacturer and dealer
- Editorial tips
Bricks are available as plastic pebbles that recharge themselves, with solar technology and in the wired version with LED lamps. They are used as a garden decoration for beds or ponds, bright stones can also be used on paths, stairs and driveways.
Advantages of the light stonesBright stones look like normal stones during the day, but at night they radiate a light that has a very decorative effect and beautifully stages parts of the garden. At the same time they also provide the necessary lighting on the property.
- Bricks can be used not only for decoration but also for the illumination of paved areas. For this purpose, there are luminous stones that are placed between the paving stones and flush with the top edge.
- Brilliant stones are available with solar technology, so no cables need to be laid. Brighter, however, shine bricks with LED lamps that consume little power.
- LED lamps have a long life and therefore rarely need to be replaced.
- Bricks are made of plastic and are therefore weather and UV resistant. Particularly stable stones can even be run over by car.
- Bricks with a brightness sensor switch on automatically at dusk and off at sunrise.
Disadvantages of the glowing stonesFor bricks that are used only as a garden decoration, it is not too bad, if the sunlight of the day once was not enough to recharge the stones. But to ensure the necessary safety on ways, many of these products are not reliable enough.
- Cables for power bricks need to be buried underground or in the wall.
- For sets that consist of several stones, the individual stones are connected by cables, which looks ugly and also involves a risk of tripping.
- Light pebbles can discharge again during dusk. You must then be illuminated with a flashlight or the like so that they light up again. In addition, they can become dark in sunlight when they are wet.
- Solar bricks do not work when the sky is cloudy all day long.
PricesSmall plastic pebbles are often sold in pack sizes of a few hundred to a few thousand pieces. Depending on the purchase quantity, the prices are between 3 and 5 euros per 100 pieces. Solar bricks with solar technology are available as sets with a solar cell and several stones. They cost about 20 euros. Really robust LED luminous stones, which can also be used for driveways, start at around 30 euros, but they are also often sold as sets.
Manufacturer and dealer
- Plastic pebbles are available in large packaging units at bayFair. In addition, there are also mats for steps, which shine at night, sold.
- Luminous stones with LED for walls and paths sold by the LED shop. Most of these stones are designed to be run over by a car.
- The solar light shop offers illuminated paving stones with solar technology. There are also paving stones with several LED lamps, so that the color of the light can be changed or an automatic color change can be set.
- The company We Are Brighter offers the service to adapt luminous stones to the existing paving stones of their customers, so that the stone is practically invisible in daylight.
- Luminous pebbles are also suitable as a decoration for the living area or to create some light in the nursery or in the stairwell.
- Luminous stones are particularly well suited for a pond shore, where they can be easily hidden between the normal stones.