The Content Of The Article:
- Wild Wine
- climbing roses
- Trumpet flower, trumpet winds
- Worth knowing about climbing plants
A likewise evergreen climbing plants and a Schlinger. It is an excellent alternative to ivy. Lack of water is evident on rolled up leaves. This serves as self-protection and against too much evaporation through the leaves.
- sunny location with partial shade
- fresh, moist and nutrient-rich soil
- Flowering period from June to August with yellow-red flowers, then small, round blue-black berries
- in the spring can be easily cut back
- as a climbing aid use net-shaped aids or vertical subjects; Branches and cross elements are important here, as the honeysuckle is a snake with a moderate growth
- annual growth of 30 - 60 cm
- Growth height of 8 m
passionflowerThe winter hardy, climbing passion flower is perfect for beautifying fences, climbing wire or obelisks. Their exotic flowers spread a certain flair over the whole summer. It forms no Haftfüßchen and thus leaves the masonry undamaged. However, she needs a climbing aid, with which she spirals entwines. Although it has a tropical origin, it is still easy to clean and undemanding. As a container plant or in a garden bed, it shows up as a special eye-catcher and feast for the eyes.
- sunny to partially shaded location
- Distance to other plants at least 50 to 60 centimeters
- medium to high water demand
- low maintenance effort
- Growth height up to 150 centimeters
The hops are a snare and a fast growing climber. That means, who wants to know his objects like pergolas or house walls quickly restructured, selects the hops.
- a sunny to partially shaded spot will benefit the growth
- the flowering period with pale yellow flowers is from June to September
- a strong growth up to 10 meters in height
- The soil should be rich in nutrients and moist
climbing rosesThe queen of flowers is also available as a climbing species. Depending on the genus, roses are available that bloom once a year and others that flower more frequently. The climbing roses can be used to decorate arches, fences or trellises. Likewise, pergolas or arbors can be covered with them. With a growth strength of 1.5 to 5 meters, it is also well suited for smaller wall surfaces.
- Southeast or southwest walls are suitable as location
- loamy, humus-rich soil, but without waterlogging
- the soil is always sufficiently supplied with water and nutrients
- In winter, the plants need winter protection on the foot, this can be done with brushwood or spruce branches
- The cut occurs every one to two years, either in late winter or early spring, always after the strongest frost
Trumpet flower, trumpet windsShe is a root climber and a true climbing artist. It impresses with its beautiful orange flowers, which are trumpet-shaped, which also green their name. In addition, it has juicy green leaves. A climbing aid is necessary only on very smooth walls.
- full sun to sunny location
- Flowering period from June to September
- all normal garden floors are enough to thrive
- a pruning may only be done in spring.
- It can reach a height of eight meters effortlessly
ClematisThe clematis is a petiole ranker and a beauty in itself. They are available in different types and colors. A planting on the terrace in tubs or other vessels as well as on the balcony can be excellently designed with the Clematis.
- a sunny to partially shaded location
- the flowering period is from May to September
- Humos ground
- The shading of the foot - the lower 20 to 25 cm - of the clematis has an advantageous effect, this can be achieved with ground covers or decorative perennials
- The pruning should take place in the first year between November and December
Worth knowing about climbing plantsEspecially ideal are climbing plants for small gardens. There they can grow in height instead of width. So you can accommodate many different plants even on small areas.
For greening of house facades, perennial climbing plants are also well suited.
Facade greenery upgrades buildings aesthetically and ensures a balanced living environment. In addition, they protect the masonry from the weather. But you have to be cautious with self-clairvoyants who climb up to the wall with detention organs. To avoid unpleasant surprises you should always attach a scaffold for the plants. There are extensive kits and climbing aids for all uses.
Perennial climbers usually do not need much care.You need sufficient water and fertilizer in the main season. But you have to cut them regularly. A flower only appears if the buds are stimulated to blossom by pruning. Strongly growing, spreading shoots should be cut back on cones, that is above a strong bud. The many two- to three-year-old thin shoots can be removed. Larger, spreading branches should be tapered with a saw, if necessary.