The Content Of The Article:
Nature lovers and hobby gardeners with little time love the colorful, magnificent natural grass, which provides an optimal habitat for many insects, birds and other small domestic animals. In addition to the beautiful view of the natural grass has another advantage, because it does not have to be mowed, otherwise the flowers would be destroyed in the lawn. If you do not need a lawn or playground in the garden, you can create a natural grass and enjoy a colorful splendor in the warm seasons.
A natural grass is characterized above all by the fact that weeds are quite desirable and are usually not combated. Because it is precisely the fight against such weeds that gives the hobby gardener a lot of work with his English lawn. In a meadow, in which dandelion, clover and Co. are allowed, the nature lover can therefore remain quite relaxed. In the first steps it should be considered, at which point the natural grass should be created. Such natural meadows are always most suitable for large areas, so that the work of mowing can be omitted. If the ideal place is found, it can start the preparations. This can be an already existing lawn, then the further procedure is simple. But even a previously uncultivated area in the garden can be created as natural grass.
For the creation of the natural grass, the required material should be provided in advance. This is:
- Fertilizer, for example in the form of compost
- Seed mixture for wildflowers
- Seed mixture for hard-wearing turf
- alternatively use turf
- water hose
The condition of the soil is important for further preparation. If it is too moist, gravel must be mixed in as drainage. For ease of permeability, however, it is sufficient if sand is added to the soil. When creating a natural grass, it is irrelevant in the choice of the area, whether there are large angulations or many shrubs are on the surface. Because the natural meadow should not be mown anyway, these interruptions of an area do not interfere further. The soil, if there is no grass surface, should now be prepared as follows:
- dig with the spade, alternatively dig at a large area with a hired excavator
- Mix in sand or gravel and fertilizer
- For a square meter area between 15 and 30 kg of sand or gravel is needed
- if necessary, install an irrigation system if desired
- also, if desired, electrical cables for garden lighting underground, at least 50 cm deep, invest
- Allow the floor to rest for about 14 days after processing so that it can sit down
If the soil has been prepared accordingly, the grass mixture can be sown. Firmer grasses, which are also used in a sports turf, are especially suitable for a natural grass. In addition, wildflower or wild herb mixtures are added. If you want a flowering meadow all year long, you will also plant onions of early-flowering crocuses, tulips or daffodils. For the fall there are various types of perennials that bloom into the winter and which can also be sown or planted here in different places. When sowing the lawn, attention should be paid to the following:
- the ideal time for sowing is the time just before or just after the summer
- then there will be neither burns nor frostbite
- If onions are also to be planted for early flowering plants, these are ideally set in the fall
- in the Meadow flower mixtures pay attention to the manufacturer's information, here is usually the spring is the best time
- Distribute seed mixtures for lawns and flowers well
- For a square meter area about 20-40g lawn seeds are needed
- Wildflowers can be sown as flat as desired
- work in with a rake and lightly press with a shovel
- Do not leave seeds on the surface as they are otherwise used by birds or ants as food
- After sowing, water the area well and keep it moist for several weeks
- Do not step on the sown natural grass surface until a green, continuous carpet is visible
- If an already existing lawn is used, spread only wildflower seed, use onions and perennials and do not mow from this point on
The natural grass requires little care, as it is above all a lawn that does not have to be mowed. Also in search of clues to any weeds in the garden does not have to go here, since this is indeed desirable in the natural grass. Thus, the natural meadow requires additional water only in a very dry and hot summer. However, casting should only take place in the very early morning or late evening hours so that the grasses do not burn. Spring once a year can be fertilized with a long-term fertilizer, such as blue seed, so that the flowers are even lush. Tip: Natural grass is a good alternative especially for such areas, which are rarely or not used in the garden anyway. Since the lawn does not have to be mown, relatively large and crooked areas are ideal for this.
Conclusion of the editorship
Creating a natural grass is suitable for anyone who wants a lawn that does not have to be mowed and otherwise does not need much care. Because in a natural meadow is just weeds, such as dandelion or clover is desired. In a natural turf, the hobby gardener must, however, be aware that although I am doing a very easy to maintain, but unfortunately no Nutzwiese. Because if it goes through too often, the insects are disturbed and often the grass can not recover from the many steps, because it is very long. Even meadow flowers can be destroyed in such a case. But from time to time to enter the meadow to pick a beautiful wildflower shrub, is quite allowed.
Worth knowing: How is a natural grass created?
The problem with turf is that many people in their head have the typical English turf. This means: No weeds are present, there is really only grass on the lawn and this is accurately trimmed. You can almost see the image of the gardener in front of him, crawling across the lawn on all fours with the nail scissors in his hand and cutting each striking little hand down to the right length by hand. However, this has very little to do with natural grass. Naturalness is barely present in such an area. Conversely, to keep such a lawn alive, it takes a tremendous amount of time and money because nature is unable to maintain such a lawn.
Over the past few years, people have started to present well-tended lawns, but in harmony with nature. The natural grass was created. The natural grass allows that other living beings have a reason to exist on it. Of course, the natural grass is mowed and receives further care measures, however, while helping the nature helping under the arms. Chemical fertilizers or herbicides are completely dispensed with in a natural grass.
- The natural grass is a living area, on which the natural conditions are used.
- Weeds certainly have a chance to grow on a natural grass, but their populations are monitored and kept in check.
- Should weeds get out of hand, they will be pushed back by natural means.
- A natural grass is characterized by the fact that it is dense and home to a variety of different plants.
- He receives a high recreational value for humans and animals and is much more interesting to look at. It also offers a home to wild animals.