The Content Of The Article:
Everyone knows that green is relaxing. It is the natural greens that positively affect our well-being. Anyone sitting in a drab office can bring a piece of nature to life. The room is not only more beautiful, but also healthier, because indoor plants bring a healthy indoor climate.
Indoor plants as pollutants
Anyone who wants to sit in closed rooms and inhale low-pollution air should green his office. It is important not to set up any plants, you should pay attention to indoor plants that have pollutant absorption and can free the indoor air of irritating chemicals. Considering that modern man spends 90 percent of his life in confined spaces, something should happen. The air quality is anything but optimal, it can be up to five times more polluted in such areas, as an outdoor stay. There are also building materials, carpets, detergents, paints and home textiles. But also poorly maintained air conditioners, tax which come from the outside and also cigarette room burden the Rumlauft considerably. The way out of the bad indoor air are indoor plants, which can contribute to a better indoor air. Not only the function of a better climate, but also the viewing of the green plants increases the efficiency in the workplace.
A good indoor climate thanks to office plants
Indoor plants help against harmful stress, yes, the sight of green plants prevents stress-related stress states. A natural green in closed rooms, is therefore in many ways an improvement of the indoor air. The evaporation of the irrigation water causes the air humidity to rise above the leaves. So plants with a large leaf volume and delicate leaves have a particularly high degree of evaporation. So the humidity in rooms should be at 50 percent. In the cold winter months, when the heating season begins, the humidity drops sharply. The mucous membranes dry out. You get tired eyes and dry skin is the result. Here plants can help to improve the air quality, as well as the indoor climate. They act like a dust catcher and clean the air.
What do indoor plants bring in the office?
- Indoor plants increase humidity, which is good, especially in dry winter air. They can prevent irritation of the respiratory tract.
- Indoor plants filter pollutants from the air.
- On the leaves of the plant, the dust settles from the air. This reduces the dust load in the room. The plants should be dusted regularly.
- Offices and workplaces that are greened can boost the concentration of employees and reduce stress. In addition, they prevent fatigue, headaches and skin irritation.
- Indoor plants can minimize the noise level.
The noble orchid raises the mood, even from the very sight of it. It is predestined for the workplace because it absorbs carbon dioxide, which we exhale. The Cyprus grass is an excellent moisturizer. The Ficus Benjamin and the Arecapalme can be placed because they filter excellent formaldehyde, which is contained in carpets and in plastic. The green line, on the other hand, absorbs a lot of carbon dioxide and converts it to oxygen. Ivy, Sansevaria and Spatiphyllum are plants that can reduce over 50% of carbon dioxide. The rubber tree and the dragon tree are real poison eaters. They bind toxins, are excellent humidifiers and filter dust from the air.
The best office plants for the eye and for health
- areca palm: This plant releases large amounts of water to the environment, thereby significantly improving the air in the room. In addition, the Areca palm is fast in its growth.
- Mountain Palm (Chamaedora): This green dot is a real "pollutant filter" and is extremely resistant to pests. He also gives the workplace a tropical touch.
- Birch fig (Ficusbenjamina): She is the classifier among the houseplants and not wrong. It creates pollutants from the air and is also easy to maintain, but does not like a change of position.
- dragon tree: Who wants to destroy formaldehyde, who should set up a dragon tree. He eliminates up to 70 percent in 24 hours. In addition, benzene and trichlorethylene are removed from the dragon tree.
- ivy: Ivy is also a benzoliver. It reduces in 24 hours up to percent. Trichlorethylene is also reduced by the ivy. In winter, however, the ivy likes it cool, so do not leave in overheated rooms. Stairways come into play here.
- Moth orchid: The orchid blooms in high humidity, removing the poisonous xyol.
- Swordfan (Bostoniensis): The sword fern is one of the oldest plants there is. It removes pollutants very well and rarely has pests. It is a good humidifier and is extremely attractive.
Office plants that manage with little light at the north window
- Tree Friend (Philodendron)
- Ivy artery (Fatshedera)
- Arrowroot (Maranta leuconeura)
- long-leaved birch fig (Ficus longifolia)
- Single leaf (Spathiühyllum wallisi)
- Window leaf (Monstera)
The elephant's foot is one of the easiest houseplants ever. You can not pour them for months, she does not mind that at all. The water she receives is stored in the club-like trunk. The plant comes from Mexico, can withstand temperature fluctuations, which are at 30° C. The elephant's foot has a bulbous stem form, one calls it therefore also as bottle tree.
Strong house plants also include the thick-leafed plants and various climbing plants, as well as most cacti. That they are insensitive, one recognizes often leathery and thick leaves. In them, the plant stores water over a period of time. Houseplants are not just for office space, they give the right atmosphere to minimalist establishments. Care should be taken to ensure that the office plants are healthy when placed in the office. The selection of suitable plants at the respective location should also be considered.
Frequently asked questions
- Who and how much should an office plant water? - Care should be taken here that an employee takes care of the plants. If everyone pours, there is a risk that the plants will be over-watered.
- Should a service provider maintain the office plants? - As mentioned before, the care should be given in one hand. It should be ensured that the service provider has a green thumb and has a horticultural education. He will then also directly detect pests or diseases.
- What should be considered when placing indoor plants in the office? - The first principle must be that the plant is healthy. It can only develop fully if they are healthy. Many suggest that even when building a building, the right space greening should be thought of. Then you could plan the right light and irrigation right away.
Plants help to improve the indoor climate. Office plants filter a lot of dust from the air. Pollutants are also removed from the air and oxygen is produced. Overall, the green plants promote the health and concentration of office employees.
- Popular office plants are: Dieffenbachien, Cyprus grass, Aralien, bamboo, piston thread, Alokasie, Schusterpalme, varietal leaf, green lily, Buntnessel, dragon tree, Efeutute, rubber tree, arrowroot, window leaf, tree friend and some other plants are well suited for offices. The perennial burner in offices is the Birkenfeige. She copes well with all conditions.
- Even flowering plants can thrive in offices, especially the modest clivie. Also Zimmerlinde, Hardy Lieschen, cup primrose, sickle leaf, oat grass, thornbush and the African violet bring color into the dreary office life.
- For darker corners of the room, shoemaker palm, green lily, king begony, date palm, dwarf palm, hemp palm, ivy larva, room fir and monstera are suitable. They are quite frugal when it comes to lighting conditions.
- Since the office workers rarely have time and leisure to take care of the plants, hydroponics (see: hydroponics) are ideal. You do not have to water the plants so often. A water level indicator is very useful because it shows when the plant needs water again. Especially large planters store a lot of water, so you only have to refill every two to three months.