The Content Of The Article:
In almost every garden also conifers are to be found. Although these are robust plants, you can often find pests on conifers.
Plant coniferous trees
Whether the big fir, the spruce or the Thujen hedge. Conifers also have many enemies and can be attacked by diseases. If you want to plant conifers in your garden, then you should always mix conifers with deciduous shrubs, because the plants thus become more resistant to pests.
Pests on coniferous trees
- Needle Tan: This fungus disease turns lush green thujen into brown skeletons. This fungus can only be controlled with a pesticide. Already with the purchase you should pay attention to healthy and strong plants.
- Wollläuse: Directly at the needles these animals settle down. It is easily recognized by a white woolen sweater. There you suck out the needles and produce honeydew. With a sharp jet of water you can master the lice. Check again and again!
- Juniper rust: This is a fungal disease, which manifests itself in thickening of the branches, from which a slimy liquid escapes and affects the leaves. If plants are affected, you should cut them off generously.
- Scale insects: Even scale insects suck the juice out of the needles and thus damage the plant. Infested shoots and branches should be cut off and checked regularly.
- Fichtengallenlaus: In young shoots, these pests nest and damage the plant. It is easily recognized by the white formations that grow into walnuts. Infested shoots must be cut off.