The Content Of The Article:
Repot plants wants to be learned, but can be relieved with some tips. Especially in autumn you should grant some plants new soil or a larger pot.
- Before you start, you should be sure that the plant needs to be repotted, otherwise you would probably only harm it.
- The pot should be slightly larger and already filled with a drainage layer, so that about one-tenth of the pot is covered with it.
- Then press the actual plant carefully and slowly out of its previous pot. It can help if you hit the ground with your flat hand to release it.
- Then the roots should be freed from the earth and dead roots can generally be removed.
- Then place the root ball in the center of the new pot and fill up with soil. However, the roots must have enough space on all sides, even downwards.
- The pot edges can then be filled with soil and then easily press them.
- After that, the plant returns to its old location and must be watered. So the earth can also lay between the roots, so that no cavities arise.
- About four weeks after repotting the plant should be fertilized again. In the usual potting fertilizer is already included, which is sufficient for the first few weeks.