The Content Of The Article:
They are beautiful, but there is something dreadful in them: poisonous plants are more and more often in German gardens to find. This is usually not a problem as long as you exercise caution. However, if children live in the household, then you should either do without these plants or enlighten the kids early enough.
Here is a small selection of popular plants that are not to be trashed with:
- Cherry laurel: The seeds are highly toxic and form hydrocyanic acid
- Thimble: When consumed, it can lead to cardiovascular problems
- Eisenhut: probably the most poisonous plant in Europe: causes paralysis
- Beans: raw they are inedible and cause indigestion
- Belladonna: Both the fruits and the leaves contain alkaloids
- Ivy: if berries are found on the ivy, the consumption can cause poisoning
- Yew: Although the pulp is not poisonous, the seeds already, as well as the leaves
Anyone who is a bit cautious and does the right education will have no problems with these plants.