The Content Of The Article:
- "Make chips in the deep fryer
- »Make potato chips in the oven
- »Prepare chips in the microwave
Tasty crispy and spicy they should be - the potato chips. Instead of the bag you can make potato chips quickly and easily yourself. We will tell you three different ways to prepare.
Granted, the chips from the bag are especially delicious. But once you've started, you can not stop that fast. A vicious circle. From the bag they contain not only a lot of fat, but often also artificial flavors, a lot of salt and other additives.
A much healthier alternative is home manufacturing. You think that's a lot of work? It's not really and hard either.
For the preparation you can use either a fryer, the oven and even the microwave. For all variants, we have put together some tips here.
"Make chips in the deep fryer
Chips from the fryer is probably the tastiest option, but also the highest in calories. Finally, the chips are cooked here in fat.
- Peel a few large potatoes and cut them into slices as fine as possible. The best way to do that is with a vegetable slicer.
- To prevent the potatoes from turning brown, place them in cold water for half an hour. Now the potatoes are spotted dry with a kitchen towel.
- Now heat the oil in the fryer or alternatively in a large saucepan. The potato slices must now be fried in small portions in the oil, they each need about five minutes, then they should be golden brown.
- To drain excess grease, place the chips on paper towels.
- Finally, you can spice up the potato chips at will, except salt and pepper are still curry, paprika, chili or rosemary.
»Make potato chips in the oven
Not everyone has a fryer in the household, but with an oven probably everyone could serve. Again, you can make potato chips and even far less fat.
- For 4 people you need about six big potatoes. Peel these and cut them into very thin slices.
- Prepare the thin slices flat on a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
- Sprinkle the potato slices with a little sunflower oil, as this is particularly tasteless. Of course, depending on your personal taste, you can also use a different oil. The crisps get some crispness through the use of chilli oil.
- Finally, you can spice up the chips at will. In addition to salt and pepper, you can also sprinkle chili, paprika or curry over the potato slices.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and add the potato slices for about 20 minutes. When the chips are nice golden brown and crisp, they are done.
»Prepare chips in the microwave
Yes, you read it right. You can also make potato chips in the microwave, which is quick and easy.
- Again, you must first cut the potatoes into very thin slices.
- To make them crispy and crispy in the microwave, the thin slices are now skewered on shashlik skewers.
- Place the skewers on a deep plate with the ends on the edge. The potato slices should not rest on the bottom.
- Set the microwave to 750 watts and a time of 6 to 7 minutes. Keep an eye on the chips, so they do not get too dark.
- After this time, remove the kebab skewers and let the chips cool.
- Now only season with salt and paprika powder and the potato chips from the microwave are ready.