The Content Of The Article:
- 3 delicious pumpkin recipes for every taste
Whether as soup, fries or puree: Pumpkin tastes delicious in all variations. Have you ever tried it? Here are 3 recipes for it.
The pumpkin is one of the vegetables that have little taste of their own. So that it is really delicious, you have to do something for the aroma. A good way to give the pumpkin a special taste is e.g. put it in alcohol, vinegar or sugar. (Reading tip: preserving vegetables - 5 possibilities presented)
Would you like to insert a pumpkin, so you have many different options to choose from. In any case, it is important that you use only fresh vegetables. You must not store the pumpkin in advance for long. (Reading tip: storing pumpkin - how it's done)
And the good thing: Put the pumpkin in vinegar, so you can prevent the development of putrefactive bacteria. In this way, the Preserve can last longer than two years. With the vinegar preserves, you can also decide for yourself how high the acidity and thus the strength of the wort should be. If the preserves are only slightly acidified, they are considerably more aromatic. As for seasoning, you can, for example, add dill, caraway, bay leaf, pepper, mustard seeds, horseradish and tarragon to refine.
Boil the pumpkin, this should happen at a maximum temperature of 70 degrees. In addition, it is best to add some sugar to the whole, as this can suppress the formation of rot, yeast and mold.
3 delicious pumpkin recipes for every taste
➤ Recipe No. 1 - Spicy pickled pumpkin
- 1 pumpkin
- 2.5 liters of water
- 100 ml of vinegar
- 4 cloves
- Peel pumpkin and cut the pulp into pieces.
- Place 2.5 liters of water and 100 ml of vinegar essence in a large saucepan for cooking.
- Add salt, cinnamon and cloves to the water. When the water bubbles, add the pumpkin.
- Adjust the temperature to low and boil the pumpkin for about 20 minutes.
- Then fill the vegetables together with the liquid into the preserving jars and close them tightly.
- Store the pumpkin for at least eight weeks before consumption so that it can develop the right aroma.
➤ Recipe No. 2 - pumpkin sweet and sour
- 1 pumpkin
- 5 cloves
- 500 g of sugar
- 250 ml white wine vinegar
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- Bowls 1 organic lemon
- Dice the flesh of the peeled pumpkin.
- Then bring the spices and the attrition of the lemon zest into the vinegar.
- Then add the pumpkin and leave to soak for a whole day.
- After 24 hours you can drain the vinegar and then bring it to a boil with sugar.
- Then put in the pumpkin and let it turn into it.
- Then fill the still hot vegetables in the preserving jars and close them tightly.
➤ Recipe No. 3 - pumpkin sweet and spicy
- 1 pumpkin
- 100 g onions
- 200 g of honey
- 175 ml of wine vinegar
- 200 g of brown sugar
- a bunch of dill
- three chopped chili peppers
- mustard seeds
- three bay leaves
- Peel the pumpkin and cut into pieces. Then finely chop the onions and pluck the dill.
- Cook everything except dill and onions in a saucepan for about 20 minutes. Then add the dill and onions.
- Then fill only in the prepared, clean glasses and close tightly.