The Content Of The Article:
For beginners recommended: the application of plaster with the help of quick cleaning strips.
We have to plaster a wall again, in a room we have painted the wood paneling simply white, but in this room it must be down, the room is already small enough anyway and should later at least take a sofa. That would be pure, but the room would then seem pretty cramped. The math genius from the circle of friends recently figured out in the pizzeria how much room we would gain by removing a few centimeters thick wooden paneling. Assuming the smooth dimensions of 12 square meters of space and 7 inches of wood would be after all, almost 3 cubic meters of space. My husband still did not want to clean, he can not, he does not want, you must have learned for years and so on.
A neighbor said, I should recommend my husband Schnellputzleisten, so he could certainly make friends. I made myself good:
- Quick cleaning strips, also called plaster rails, can make your job much easier. You can use this bar to plaster a wall vertically, even if you have never had a trowel in your hand.
- Incidentally, the quick-cleaning bar also serves to equalize crooked walls.
- A quick cleaning bar is a metal rail with a fold in the middle, the metal parts to the left and right of the fold has many small holes, which are easier to attach. The quick-flush bar is made of galvanized sheet steel that does not rust. For damp rooms, there are cleaning strips made of stainless steel.
- A plaster rail has a width of 21 or 24 mm, with the length you can choose, 1.50, 2.50, 2.60, 2.75 or 3.00 meters. You can combine these dimensions so that one or two strips cover the entire vertical of the wall as exactly as possible. What is too much is cut off with a metal-cutting disc cutter or with a metal shears. Attention, here is safety recommended!
- The upstand in the middle is available with a thickness of 6 mm, 10 mm or 12 mm, this most important detail of the quick cleaning strip determines the thickness of the plaster on the wall. The normal interior plaster is applied in 10 mm thickness.
- The quick-cleaning strips are attached to the wall the day before cleaning so that they can dry. They are placed vertically at regular intervals next to each other, as the distances are chosen, depends on the length of the aluminum slat that you use to peel off the plaster. Who is still very inexperienced in cleaning, can also set horizontally mounted strips, so the plaster surfaces are divided into small fields, which beginners plastering of complete walls can greatly facilitate.
- To attach a mortar is placed on the wall, then the plaster rail is placed and aligned, with a spirit level vertically and with a mason's cord in the depth. If she is sitting straight, she is pressed with a long aluminum rail, a spirit level can be held for verification. To attach, you must use the same mortar, which is later used as plaster, so gypsum mortar for a plaster on plaster and cementitious mortar for lime plaster or lime-cement plaster is planned.
- Normally, the quick-cleaning strips remain in the wall, if you like so much metal in the wall but is unsympathetic or later you probably interfere with the attachment of the in-house picture gallery, you can remove the strips again, if the main surfaces are cleaned. The spaces are then plastered afterwards.
- If you are already using mortar to attach rails to the wall, it is advisable to also install corner profiles. These handy metal corners are very often omitted, but are more than practical if you want to avoid damage or erosion of the corners.
Now you can clean what's going to be quick and easy with the quick cleaning bars. In any case, that was the case with my husband. He cursed when installing the plaster rails, especially because of the orientation in the depth, here a lot of patience was required, because the wall was slightly uneven. He then wished me to use crossbars for him, which I liked to do, and the cleaning itself went really well.