The Content Of The Article:
In March, the pink Bergenie 'Herbstblüte' and the narcissus 'Arctic Gold' open the season. Reliably, she shows her flowers a second time in September. The white Bergenie 'Silverlight' will follow in April. Forget-me-nots grow between perennials and bulbous flowers and loosen up the plantation with its bright blue. In late April, the March cherry 'Oshi dori', which is in the center of the bed, is transformed into a pink cloud. Their small fruits are quite bitter, but their flowers and the orange-red autumn color are all the more beautiful. In June, the steppe sage 'Blue Hill' makes its grand entrance and shows its blue candles.
If you cut back the shrubs so that only the rosette stays near the ground, it repels and blooms again in September. The star dagger 'Moulin Rouge' with its distinctive dark red flowers does it the steppe sage, it opens its buds also in summer and again in autumn. The ox-eye does not take a break, it blooms continuously from June to September in yellow. The purple bell contributes bright green leaf decorations all year round. Its fine panicles can be seen from September.
Planting plan and shopping list
Planting plan for a spring bed
1) March-cherry 'Oshidori' (Prunus incisa), pink flowers in April, up to 2.5 m high and 2 m wide, 1 piece, 25 €
2) Bergenie 'Herbstblüte' (Bergenia), pink flowers from March to May, 30 cm high, after-flowering in September, 8 pieces, 35 €
3) Bergenie 'Silverlight' (Bergenia), white flowers in April and May, 30 cm high, 8 pieces, 35 €
4) Forest Forget-me-not (Myosotis sylvatica), blue flowers from April to July, 30 cm high, pulled from seed, 10 pieces, 5 €
5) Purple bells (Heuchera villosa var. Macrorrhiza), white flowers from September to November, leaf 30 cm, flowers 50 cm high, 7 pieces, 30 €
6) Star dagger 'Moulin Rouge' (Astrantia major), dark red flowers in June, July and September, 45 cm high, 7 pieces, 40 €
7) Steppe sage 'Blue Hill' (Salvia nemorosa), blue flowers in June and September, 40 cm high, 6 pieces, 20 €
8) Narcissus 'Arctic Gold' (Narcissus), yellow flowers from March to May, 35 cm high, 25 bulbs (autumn time), 15 €
9) Ox eye (Buphthalmum salicifolium), yellow flowers from June to September, 50 cm high, 7 pieces, 20 €
(All prices are average prices, which may vary depending on the provider.)
Forest Forget-me-not (Myosotis sylvatica) loves sunny to partially shaded places with fresh soil. It multiplies by self-sowing and thus transforms a piece of garden into a sky-blue sea of flowers
Charming flower carpet in light blue
The about 30 centimeters high forest forget-me-not is a charming partner for bulb flowers. It is easy to grow from seed. In the second year, it opens its flowers from April to July and then enters, but usually provides even enough offspring and remains so permanently in the bed. It is able to cope both half shady under woody plants and in the sunny bed and likes moist, nutrient-rich soils.