The Content Of The Article:
The one-year-old girl's eyes are the stars in the bed. While in 'roulette' the dark red dominates and is broken by yellow stripes, it is reversed in 'Mardi Gras': The variety has narrow yellow petals with a red center. Both varieties can be favorably extracted from seed, but come in at the end of the season. 'Roulette' blooms from July to September, 'Mardi Gras' even longer. From July, three dahlias 'Bishop of York' will show their yellow flowers over dark-colored leaves in front of the hedge. At the same time the torch lilies' R. W. Kerr 'her orange-yellow candles in the air.
Slightly smaller, but also with towering flowers, the pale yellow Iberian snapdragon shows. It is conditionally hardy and hides reliable. The steppe sage 'Blue Hill' breaks through the orange-yellow turmoil with clear blue. It will flower again in June and after pruning in September. To the front limit purple bell 'Caramel' and carnation 'Prinses Juliana' the flower bed. The orange carnation has already faded, the purple bell still shows its last panicles and adorns year-round with unusually colored foliage.
Planting plan and shopping list
Garden Sage Salvia nemorosa 'Blue H...
plus shipping and handling
10 working days delivery time
Torch lily Kniphofia hybrid 'R. W. K...
plus shipping and handling
Currently not available
The planting plan for a place to relax
1) Purple bell 'Caramel' (Heuchera), cream-colored flowers from June to August, orange foliage, 50 cm high, 5 pieces; 30 €
2) Clovewort 'Prinses Juliana' (Geum cultorum), orange flowers from May to August, 60 cm high, 6 pieces; 20 €
3) Steppe sage 'Blue Hill' (Salvia nemorosa), blue flowers in June and September, 40 cm high, 13 pieces; 35 €
4) One-year-old girl's eye 'Roulette' (Coreopsis tinctoria), red-yellow flowers from July to September, 60 cm high, 8 seeds; 5 €
5) One-year-old girl's eye 'Mardi Gras' (Coreopsis tinctoria), yellow flowers from June to October, 60 cm high, 9 seeds; 5 €
6) Torch lily 'R. W. Kerr '(Kniphofia), orange-yellow flowers from July to September, 100 cm high, 3 pieces; 15 €
7) Iberian snapdragon (Antirrhinum braun-blanquetii), yellow flowers from June to October, 70 cm high, 2 pieces; 10 €
8) Dahlia 'Bishop of York' (Dahlia), 120 cm tall, bronze-yellow flowers, dark foliage, 3 pieces; 10 €
(All prices are average prices, which may vary depending on the provider.)
Perennial snapdrag in bright yellow
Iberian snapdragon (Antirrhinum braun-blanquetii)
In contrast to the well-known colorful snapdragons, the Iberian variant does not only endure one season, but also flourishes in the following years, provided the winter was not too hard. It is easy to grow from seed and later provides sufficient seedlings by sowing itself. The Iberian snapdragon loves sunny, dry places, grows up to 70 centimeters high and flowers from June to October.