The Content Of The Article:
The Great Solomon's Seal is a stately appearance. In May and June it has pretty white flower bells. The worm fern works without flower decoration and impresses with its filigree, upright fronds. The Japanese silvergrass 'Albostriata' is an exciting counterpart due to its arched overhanging growth. Two varieties of radio complement the foliage - 'Big Daddy' with bluish foliage, 'Aureomarginata' with yellow leaf margin. In July and August they show violet flowers high above the foliage.
In May, the bed is in full bloom. From the yellow of the carpet gold strawberry look out blue and pink Hasenglöckchen. Wherever they like, the onion flowers spread just as well as the gold strawberry and mountain wood cranesbill. The latter has been cut off in the Staudensichtung with "very good". The shaded species shows from May to October always new flowers.
The planting plan for our design idea
Planting plan and shopping list
1) Large Solomon's Seal (Polygonatum biflorum), white flowers in May and June, 150 cm high, 5 pieces; 25 €
2) Mountain Wood Cranesbill (Geranium nodosum), light purple flowers from May to October, 50 cm high, 25 pieces; 75 €
3) Japanese silvergrass 'Albostriata' (Hakonechloa macra), green flowers in July and August, 50 cm high, 8 pieces; 35 €
4) carpet-gold strawberry (Waldsteinia ternata), yellow flowers in April and May, evergreen, 10 cm high, 15 pieces; 30 €
5) Goldrand Funkie 'Aureomarginata' (Hosta hybrid), purple flowers in July / August, foliage 50 cm high, 5 pieces; 20 €
6) Blue-leafed Funkie 'Big Daddy' (Hosta hybrid), light purple flowers in July and August, foliage 50 cm high, 4 pieces; 20 €
7) worm fern (Dryopteris filix-mas), attractive budding, feathery fronds, 120 cm high, 3 pieces; 10 €
8) Hare bells (Hyacinthoides non-scripta), blue and pink flowers in April and May, 25 cm high, 70 onions; 25 €
(All prices are average prices, which may vary depending on the provider)
Carpet Gold Strawberry (Waldstenia ternata)
Robust groundcover with charm
In April and May shows the carpet Hungarian spice, aug gold strawberry called, what is in it. Because then the evergreen leaves carpet turns into a yellow sea of flowers. The ground cover is extremely vigorous and thrives also on strongly rooted, dry places under trees. Partial shade or shade are ideal. One should rather use the gold strawberry on a large scale and reckon that it displaces competitive neighbors.