The Content Of The Article:
Ingredients for the recipe (for 4 people)
- 1 kg mainly hard-boiling potatoes
- 1 onion, 1 clove of garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of potato starch
- Salt, pepper, fresh grated nutmeg
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of butter lard
- 12 slices of bacon (if you do not like it hearty, just leave the bacon)
- 150 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful of rocket
Preparation (about 30 minutes)
1. Peel potatoes, wash, grate. Wrap in a damp kitchen towel and squeeze out. Leave the potato juice a bit, then drain, leaving the settled starch on the bottom of the bowl.
2. Peel the onion and garlic and finely dice.
3. Mix grated potatoes with onion, garlic, egg, separated starch and potato starch. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
4. To bake, place small piles of the mass in a hot pan with 2 tablespoons of butter lard, flatten and fry slowly on both sides for four to five minutes until golden brown. Portionwise prepare all the rösti golden brown.
5. Cut the bacon into pieces, fry in a hot pan in 1 tablespoon of lard crispy on both sides for two to three minutes.
6. Wash the tomatoes and let them heat briefly in the bacon pan. Season with salt and pepper. Serve the rösti with bacon, tomatoes and washed rocket.