The Content Of The Article:
Ingredients for the recipe (for 4 people)
- 400 g beetroot (cooked and peeled)
- 400 g goat cream cheese (roll)
- 24 large basil leaves
- 80 g of pecan nuts
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp of liquid honey
- Salt, pepper, 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated horseradish (glass)
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- coarse sea salt to sprinkle
1. Cut beetroot into slices about two centimeters thick. Also cut the goat cheese roll into two centimeters thick slices. Wash the basil and pat dry.
2. Fry pekan nuts in a frying pan without fat until they start to fragrant, remove them, allow to cool.
3. Whisk the lemon juice with honey, salt, pepper, cinnamon and horseradish.
4. Heat oil. Sauté beetroot slices from both sides, remove from heat and drizzle with about two thirds of the marinade.
5. Alternately put a slice of goat's cheese and basil on each slice of beetroot. Drizzle each layer of goat's cheese with marinade. Finish with a beetroot slice.
6. Decorate the turrets with the pecan nuts on plates and serve with sea salt as an appetizer. Serve with fresh white bread.
Tip: Fresh beetroot tastes especially sweet and not a bit earthy. When buying small and solid tubers prefer. Rubber gloves protect against red discoloration during preparation.