The Content Of The Article:
Is also used for facade insulation: Resol rigid foam.
Even though our house was not insulated with Resol foam, a good insulation was still important to us. Resol rigid foam boards are among the artificial, but unfortunately not exactly cheap insulation materials. There, in turn, they belong to the category of organic foamed insulating materials. More specifically, this material is a thermoset plastic, mainly consisting of the raw material bakelite. The fully synthetic plastic bakelite is based on phenolic resin. Resolehard foam is characterized by a fine, closed cell structure.
The Resolharzplatten can be used for insulation
- of facades in the thermal insulation composite system (ETICS), with the exception of earth-contacting walls
- of ventilated facades
- of floors
- of steep and flat roofs
- under the blanket
- or for core insulation in a multi-shell construction
Advantageous product properties
Because Resolharz insulation panels have a very high insulation value, not so much material is required. This has a particularly advantageous in a subsequent facade insulation. Because there is usually desired the smallest possible wall structure. If one compares the thermal conductivity of 0.022 W / mk with that of mineral wool, the value is almost twice as good. This means that the resole resin insulation may be half as thin as the mineral wool. With a Resol insulating board about 140 millimeters thin, a passive house standard should already be reached. An 80 mm thin Resol insulation board should have about the same insulation value as a 120 mm board made of polystyrene (EPS). Resol rigid foam is classified in the fire protection class B1, so flame retardant. The disadvantage of this insulating material is the price, which is significantly higher than that of other artificial insulation materials.
- Weber Saint-Gobain offers a thermal insulation composite system for facades with insulation boards made of resole rigid foam and mineral precious plaster: sg-weber.de/waermedaemmung-wdvs/weber-guide/produkte/wdvs-systeme/webertherm-plus-ultra.html
- Sto AG Germany also offers a heat insulation composite system with insulation boards made of resole hard foam and the self-cleaning facade paint Lotusan, which is to be installed on the outside: sto.de/101143_EN
alternatives Resol rigid foam boards in the field of artificial insulating materials include the following:
- expanded mica
- expanded clay
- Extruded polystyrene (XPS)
- Expanded polystyrene (EPS)
- Mineral foam board
- Polyurethane (PUR)
- foam glass
- Mineral fiber insulation
Whichever insulating material you choose, the thermal conductivity of the material is important. This is measured in lambda (W / mK). The lower this value, the higher the insulation value. In order to be able to look forward to low heating costs later, we decided on a KfW-70 house. This means that the house must be insulated in such a way that it falls below the energy consumption prescribed by the EnEV 2009 by at least 30 percent.