The Content Of The Article:
Beautiful plants require a sometimes quite intensive care. But not the shrub rose, because despite its beauty, it is relatively frugal. Any (hobby) gardener who has shrub roses in his garden can therefore be quite happy.
However, it is not necessarily known to everyone that shrub roses can reach a size of up to three and a half meters and, in addition, can assume similar dimensions even in width (ground covers are of course excluded here). But nevertheless, they are extremely easy to care for and virtually grow by themselves. Despite the relatively small amount of work, shrub roses are not the kind that will last only one to two years in a garden, but you can often have even twenty years and more joy in a shrub rose.
Care of shrub roses
It is important for them only that they get in the garden a sun-flooded place if possible, have little shade and a not too dry ground. Although it may not be Zugig at their location, but wearing a pleasant windy atmosphere u. a. It also helps to promote flower growth and prevent possible diseases in advance. Under such conditions, this plant stays healthy, colorful and radiant much longer.
But the names of shrub roses already make you want to get one or the other copy in your own garden, such as the Black Forest girl, the fragrant scent, etc. festivals, large flowers, an incredibly large variety of colors and a fairly stable flower structure make the Shrub roses are so popular among gardeners.
Even the regular pruning is not necessary, because it is sufficient for the shrub rose, if only here and there, the sick or the too thinly pruned branches are trimmed, in order to stimulate healthy growth. It is actually entirely at the discretion of the botanist, whether and to what extent he wants to cut back, d. H. how big, or how full the single shrub rose should eventually become.
Shrub roses for the natural-looking garden and for the natural garden
The shrub roses are the ideal roses for a natural-looking garden, because they can fulfill the idea of the romantic, lush flowering rose bush in an incomparable way - if they really feel at home with you. And that depends a lot on procurement:
- You can buy shrub roses that have been refined on a wild rose as a base, so these so-called "modern" shrub roses are pulled as a normal Edelrose. There is an impressive selection of them that will surely satisfy every color desire.
- A sensational variety of shrub roses offers z. B. the pink plant shipment by Gerd Hartung from 25335 Raa-Besenbek, here you can rosenversand24.de order around 60 species of shrub roses, even those with two colors in one flower. These grafted roses are a bit more delicate, so be sure to specify your site conditions.
- If you are looking for shrub roses for the natural garden, you also have the opportunity to plant root-like shrub roses in your garden, which are therefore not refined on wild rose rootstocks. So these roses do not develop any annoying wild shoots, and above all, they are much more resistant than the weakened by breeding finishes. They also rarely fall victim to a particularly bad frost, because in an emergency you can again drive from the root.
- Rooty shrub roses, which are grown under Bioland conditions, pulls the nursery Dieter Haas in 97877 Wertheim, you can order below bioland-gaertnerei-haas.de, However, you can also visit the nursery in person, eg. For example, if you are on the famous Tauber Valley Cycle Path, which leads directly past the nursery (all further information on the visit can be found on the website).
You do not have to cut a shrub rose, that's right. But very few of our gardens have dimensions that make such a laissez-faire seem appropriate. Because an absolutely uncut shrub rose would reach proportions that exceed the tolerance range of a normal garden in most cases significantly. In addition, it would take on a form that we usually "a little too much nature" - long, falling shoots with flowers on the ends.
- A grafted shrub rose must be pruned anyway, if you do not remove the shoots below the refining, you will soon have a rose that reminds you little of the variety that you once purchased.
- The regular cut - at intervals - but also helps a rootless shrub rose to form a more compact form, and it also serves the care of the plant.Because every rose bush should be kept airy inside, among other things so that it is not attacked by fungi.
- The cut also removes all parts of the plant that do not develop well, and then cuts are also used for shaping the form: a regularly cut rose grows bushier, and you can work on cutting to make sure your rose grows as wide as possible, or rather more up.
- Otherwise, it depends on the cut on whether your shrub rose flowers once or several times a year, once blooming roses can be cut back in the spring as needed.
- On the other hand, in the multi-flowered rose, you would have to be careful to anticipate the shape so that you get as many perennial branches as possible, only these develop flowers. These flowers, in turn, can be cut away each time they begin to wither, then the rose can produce more new buds in the same season.