The Content Of The Article:
From March to May, the checkerboard flower with its nodding bell blossoms decoratively stages itself. Because it tolerates moisture well, it thrives perfectly along the creek or on the shore of the garden pond. Here she draws with a stature height of up to 30 centimeters all eyes on itself.
Colors: white, purple, violet, plum blue, always drawn like a little chessboard
March breaker (Leucojum vernum)
Their bell blossoms spread nostalgic flair in the bed and flower box. From a distance, Märzenbrecher are often confused with snowdrops, they tower over this with a stature height of 30 centimeters to double. In combination with anemones and crocuses, magical combinations result.
Colors: white with green
An Easter without daffodils is unthinkable. From April onwards, the enchanting spring flowers in the most diverse heights of growth shine from a tiny 10 centimeters to an impressive 45 centimeters.
Colors: white or yellow in different shades
They not only bribe with an exuberant colourfulness, but also exude a beguiling fragrance. Tulips belong in every spring garden, be it towel small or of epic size.
Colors: white, cream, red, pink, red-white striped, orange, yellow, magenta, purple, purple, purple, black
Imperial Crown (Fritillaria)
From April, they proudly protrude from the bed with a height of up to 80 centimeters. Their mighty canopy blossoms are visible from afar and sit on strong stems that do not knock down so quickly. Their unique beauty is paired with a tangible benefit for troubled hobby gardeners, because the smell expels moles and voles.
Colors: yellow, orange
Anyone who gathers in the autumn to plant the spring bloomers will be rewarded from February with lush colors. Regardless of the almost inexhaustible diversity of species and varieties, there is a uniform guide for the planting of flower bulbs. In sunny to partially shaded spots, rich in nutrients, fresh and damp, place the spring messengers 10-15 cm deep between September and December. As long as the onion tip points to the sky, the colorful flowers unfold in beautiful colors, which this list provides information.
In addition, now 20 tips for spring bloomers
- Flower bulbs for the spring bloomers are planted in the fall.
- The best planting time is between September and October, in any case before the frost.
- If the onions are put in early enough, they will have enough time to form roots. So they can get started and flower early enough.
- If you plant too late, the flowering time usually pushes out to the rear. This is not bad, but it is often quite warm and sunny and the flowers do not last long.
- You loosen up the soil in the bed before you use the onions.
- Weed is to be removed!
- Important is the correct planting depth. It is usually stated on the packaging. The planting depths are often quite different.
- The top of the onion must point upwards!
- The plant substrate should be permeable. If too much moisture, the onions can rot.
- It is beneficial to mix some sand under the ground.
- After planting, water the soil!
- Also in flower boxes one can put onions of spring bloomers. You use good soil, put in the onions and water. The box or planter should stand so that the soil is not too moist. Too dry does not hurt, too wet is dangerous!
Spring shrubs can be bought in the spring in nurseries, flower shops and in the DIY and garden market. You can, except it is still frost, put in the garden or in planters immediately. Many of the plants can also get in the fall, often cheap on the Internet trade. However, it is not certain that the late-planted plants will continue to grow and survive the winter unscathed.
- The plants are usually driven forward. You get them very early in the year.
- When driven plants must be expected that they do not tolerate frost. So if it should really frost again, the plants must be protected!
- When buying always ask if the spring flowers can be planted or set up outdoors!
- The soil around the planting site should be loosened up and cleared of weeds.
- Depending on the plant, you have to know that they form large cushions. So you need space. Do not plant too close.
- Spring shrubs are also suitable for window boxes and planters. Here you can put together beautiful plant arrangements.
- If you use new potting soil, you do not fertilize the first 4 to 6 weeks, it is already fertilizer included.
- Do not keep the planters too wet