The Content Of The Article:
- Ingredients for the recipe (for 4 people)
- Preparation (preparation / preparation time: 25 minutes)
- Start in the strawberry season
Ingredients for the recipe (for 4 people)
- 250 g green asparagus
- 2 tablespoons of pine nuts
- 250 grams of strawberries
- 200 g of feta
- 2 to 3 stems of basil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp white acetobalamico
- 1/2 tsp medium hot mustard
- Salt, pepper from the mill
- Sugar as needed
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Basil leaves for garnish
Preparation (preparation / preparation time: 25 minutes)
1. Wash the asparagus, peel the stalks in the lower third, cut fresh and blanch in boiling salted water for 6 to 8 minutes, depending on the thickness. Then drain, quench and drain.
2. Lightly fry pine nuts in a non-fat frying pan while stirring, allow to cool.
3. Wash strawberries, clean and cut into slices or pieces. Dice feta. Cut asparagus into pieces and cut basil into strips. Mix everything loosely in a bowl.
4. Mix a vinaigrette with lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper and a little sugar. Whisk the oil and marinate the salad with it. Serve on plates, grind with pepper and garnish with basil leaves.
Serve with fresh baguette or flat bread as you wish.
Start in the strawberry season
Potted strawberry seedlings can be planted until mid-May. When buying, pay attention to a firm root ball, strong heart buds and at least three fully developed, healthy leaves
The ideal time to plant strawberries is the end of July to August. Anyone who missed this appointment last year can purchase early-grown seedlings in pots, so-called frigos. These were cleared in December by the gardener and stored cool. Set between March and May, they deliver the first berries after 8 to 10 weeks, and soon after they enable almost a full harvest.