The Content Of The Article:
- Ingredients for the recipe (for 4 persons or 8 pieces)
- Preparation (preparation / preparation time approx. 2 hours
Ingredients for the recipe (for 4 persons or 8 pieces)
- 8 smaller beetroots
- 2 quinces (each about 300 g)
- 1 orange (juice)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 small piece of cinnamon stick
- 100 g yellow lenses
- 250 g vegetable stock
- 3 to 4 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped thyme
- 2 eggs
- Salt, pepper from the mill
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
Preparation (preparation / preparation time approx. 2 hours
1. Wash beets and steam for about 40 minutes.
2. Meanwhile rub off quince, peel, cut out the core house and dice the pulp small.
3. Bring to a boil with orange juice, honey and cinnamon. Cover in a mild heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
4. Sauté the lentils in hot vegetable stock for 10 to 12 minutes.
5. Put the quince (with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the Garsud) and the drained lentils in a bowl, allow to cool slightly. Crumbs, thyme and eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Preheat the oven to 200° C bottom and top heat.
7. Let red beets evaporate briefly, peel and cut off a lid. Hollow out to a narrow edge. Place on a baking tray covered with baking paper. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little oil. Fill with the quince jelly, drizzle with the remaining oil and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Tip: From the beetroot remnants you can make a delicious spread.