The Content Of The Article:
- Popular alternative: mobile glass walls
- What maintenance costs can be expected?
- This is how the price for a terrace glazing is put together
- Price examples for a terrace glazing
If you let your terrace glazed, you create - and this is a good thing especially in smaller houses or apartment - additional space.
PricesAs the terrace then quickly becomes the space for cozy Kaffeeklatsch hours or additional office space, which was previously not available and can be used in the winter months. The prices for a terrace glazing, which equals a small conservatory, are several thousand euros. How much you pay exactly, however, depends on the working hours, the type of glass and the size of the terrace. Here you should best inform yourself in advance by the professionals.
Popular alternative: mobile glass wallsIf you do not want to give up the terrace with fresh air and outdoor feeling despite glazing in the summer, you can also help: there are also mobile glass walls that can easily be pushed aside with correspondingly pleasant temperatures and thus a sunbath under the open sky allow. The effort here is relatively low, you just have to go before the construction of a terrace glazing on special requests such as these.
What maintenance costs can be expected?The maintenance effort for the terrace glazing should also be no problem. A commercial glass cleaner and some newspaper, which ensures a clean wiping technique, should be enough and already the terrace looks like you have no glazing and offers the best view of the garden and shrubs - and at a very low cost.
However, so that birds do not fly against the pane, it is advisable, however, to obtain the appropriate bird motifs available in the hardware store and attach them to the pane. But you can also apply self-made window images that look much more attractive, but still protect the birds from the impact.
By the way, terrace glazing also helps you to save energy: even the winter sun is usually strong enough to keep the small glass temple warm.
This is how the price for a terrace glazing is put together
- First of all, of course, it depends on the size of the room, which you want to turn into a permanently usable room with glazing.
- But you have to take into account a lot of other details in your price calculation, the price can increase even if the glazing has to be transported to a higher floor.
- Of course, it depends on whether you want to cover a surface enclosed by a roof with glass or whether you plan to glaze without roofing.
- A glazing without a roof can be made movable or fixed, a fair price difference.
- The size of the whole construct may require calculation by a structural engineer, who then wants money.
- Special requests such as an electric drive can usually be met, but have their costs.
- And only at the very end it depends on the actual glass, from which your terrace glazing is to be made, here are building regulations and design requirements affect the price.
Price examples for a terrace glazingOur first example could put a smile on your face, because you probably did not expect the possibility to vitrify a terrace so cheaply: you glaze the whole area simply with fixed, large windows, then you can use the considerable area of 2.20 x 3.60 meters already for about 500, - € provided with a glazing. You will even get glass surfaces that have an excellent Ug value of 1.1 W / (m2xK), so your new room will hold back when it comes to heating energy reasonably (reasonably because glass under thermal insulation aspects is always less favorable than wall surface).
However, if you want to be able to open these windows, it will be a bit more expensive, and if you want to use wooden frames instead of plastic frames for design reasons, you will pay around 1500, - Euro for the same area (additional requests such as special colors Subdivision by sprouts, special handles once completely ignored).
A continuous glass surface as a terrace glazing is much more expensive, and thus much more expensive. If the glass surface should have a height of 2.20 meters, you pay for the above assumed width of 3.60 meters at least 1.800, - € for single-pane safety glass, installation and accessories not included.