The Content Of The Article:
The classic autumn plants in the shops are certainly good for quickly and easily bring autumn mood into the living environment. Among the hardy perennials, however, there are many more autumn bloomers that show wonderful flowers and really color. Even a few trees grow in our climate and bloom in the fall, gardeners with enjoyment of variety can try out a lot. These autumn bloomers are more likely to be found in the specialist gardening than in the plant discount, but they are all enduring, hardy and easy to care for:
Hardy, wonderfully flowering autumn perennialsAutumn begins on the 21st of September, and there are many perennials that only begin to open their flowers after this date. These autumn flowers are some of the most beautiful and magnificent flower plants that the local floral world has to offer:
- Aconitum carmichaelii var. Wilsonii, Herbsteisenhut, also in the beautiful cultivars 'Arendsii' and 'Spätlese'
- Anemone autumn elegans, autumn anemone, in the varieties 'rose peel', 'september gloss' and 'serenade'
- Anemone japonica, Japan anemone, varieties Andrea Atkinson, Bressingham Glow, Hadspen Abundance, Honorine Jobert, Queen Charlotte, Prince Henry, Rose Bowl, Whirlwind
- Aster cordifolius 'Blütenregen', Blue Forest Aster, varieties 'Hedwig', 'Ideal', 'Photograph'
- Aster divaricatus, White Forest Aster, Wild Form and the variety 'Tradescant'
- Aster dumosus, Cushion-Aster, varieties 'Alice Haslam', 'Apollo', 'Audrey', 'Eye candy', 'Blue lagoon', 'Blue glacier', 'Countess of Dudley', 'Dietgard Rosa', 'Autumn bonfire', 'Herbstgruß vom Bresserhof', 'Herbstpurzel', 'Isis',' Jean II ',' Jenny ',' K. 10 ',' Kassel ',' Crow's Angle ',' Kristina ',' Lady in Blue ',' Lilac Time ',' Mediterranean ',' Pacific Amaranth ',' Philou ',' Professor Anton Kippenberg ',' Rosemarie Sallmann ', 'Rosenwichtel', 'Schneekissen', 'Schneezicklein', 'Silberblaukissen', 'Silver Carpet', 'Starlight', 'Tanja', 'Tina'
- Aster laevis, smooth aster, wild form and the variety 'Blauschleier'
- Aster linosyris, golden hair aster
- Aster novi-belgii, smooth-leaf aster novi-belgii-type, cultivars 'Angela Peel', smooth-leaf aster, varieties 'Angela Peel', 'admiration', 'blue rearguard', 'blue boulder', 'blue blood', 'Permanent Blue', 'Eventide', 'Fellowship', 'Guy Ballard', 'Helene', 'Jugendstil', 'Karminkuppel', 'Lady Frances', 'Lilac Queen', 'Lisette', 'Melbourne Belle', 'Octoberdawn', 'Porcelain', 'Pyramid', 'Reitlingstal', 'Rosenpompom', 'Rosenquarz', 'Royal Ruby', 'Royal Velvet', 'Sailor Boy', 'Schneekuppe', 'Schöne von Dietlikon', 'Steinebrück', 'Tapestry', 'Terry', s Pride ',' Magic Game '
- Aster tataricus, Tatar aster
- Aster turbinellus, prairie aster
- Boltonia asteroides, mock chamomile, wild form and the variety 'Snowbank'
- Calendula hybrid 'Winter Wonders Amber Arctic', hardy perennial marigold
- Helianthus giganteus, giant sunflower, hardy perennial sunflower
- Hosta plantaginea, Lily-Funkie, Wildform and the varieties 'Aphrodite', 'Grandiflora', 'Japonica', 'Royal Standard', 'Sweet Susan'
- Kniphofia galpinii, petite torch lily
- Leucanthemella serotina, autumn marguerite, wild form and the variety 'Herbststern'
- Ligularia wilsoniana, Wilson's Column Gold Flask
- Rudbeckia fulgida, common coneflower, wild form and the variety 'Irish Eyes'
- Rudbeckia fulgida var. Speciosa, shining sun hat
- Rudbeckia fulgida var. Sullivantii 'Goldstorm', Goldstorm Sunhat
- Rudbeckia hirta, Rough Sun Hat, 'Cherry Brandy', 'Chim Chiminee', 'Indian Summer', 'Jam', 'Maya', 'Prairie Sun', 'Rustic Colors',' Sonora ',' Toto Gold ',' Toto Lemon '
- Tricyrtis hirta, Japanese Toad Lily
- Tricyrtis pilosa, Hairy Toad Lily
- Tricyrtis hybrid 'Sinonome', toadstool crossbreed variety 'Sinonome'
… and more
- Abelia x grandiflora, Large-flowered Abelie
- Arbutus unedo, Westerner Erdbeerbaum, hardy to about -16° C
- Brugmansia suaveolens, fragrant angel trumpet, brings absolutely angelic flowers, can be planted in mild areas as an adult plant, otherwise cultivable only in the winter garden
- Ceanothus x delilianus, French hybrid flower, USDA hardiness zone 7
- Clematis flammula, Burning clematis, Delicate white flowers, hardy to about -15 degrees C.
- Clematis heracleifolia 'Mrs. Robert Brydon ', Large-leaved Clematis
- Daphne gnidium, Mediterranean daphne
- Dermatobotrys saundersii, Tree Jockey, a pretty little tree with great red flowers from October to December, can withstand temperatures as low as minus 5° C, then has to house
- Elaeagnus pungens, thorny oil pasture
- Elaeagnus x ebbingei, oil pasture hybrid
- Gaultheria procumbens, mint berry, raspberry, a sweet little mini-shrub whose flower is in late summer, but also looks quite chic (and quite Christmassy) in winter with its red fruits
- Hamamelis virginiana, virgin witch hazel
- Hebe speciosa, shrub veronica
- Hedera helix, common ivy
- Heptacodium miconioides, seven sons of the sky shrub
- Lagerstroemia indica, Chinese Curly Myrtle, small beautiful pink-red flowering shrub, USDA hardiness zone 7
- Lonicera x purpusii 'Winter Beauty', Purpus honeysuckle
- Osmanthus x fortunei, late summer fragrance bloom, USDA winter hardiness zone 8a
- Passiflora caerulea, Blue Passion Flower, only with luck and warmth hardy, but some wall makes it possible
- Sarcococca hookeriana var. Humilis, Himalayan meat berry
- Ulmus parvifolia, Chinese elm, USDA hardiness zone 6
- Viburnum x Bodnantense, Bodnant Snowball
- Viburnum farreri, Scented Snowball (Viburnum farreri)
- Vitex agnus castus, chaste tree
Garden, balcony and terraceThe hardy perennials and woody plants, which show their flowers in autumn, develop a variety of plant heights. 40 cm high asters "divaricatus" and "dumosus" fit well in window boxes, a meter high Aster-laevis shrubs look splendidly in pots, the Aster linosyris is good for both and asters called "novi-belgii" bring out any color from the Red and blue spectrum in the garden. The remaining hardy perennials listed above offer similar variances, and there are also plants for every destination among the shrubs: the peach berries bring Christmas spirit into the balcony box, with a pound of tinsel over it even a pretty sensational Christmas atmosphere. Strawberry trees and angel trumpets transform a conservatory into a beguiling flower lounge, thorny olive trees scented the terrace in late autumn and the magic of gardening in the garden looks really magical around Christmas.
There are many beautiful autumn flowers - much more than you will be offered at the next plant discounter. Hardy perennials and even shrubs that create autumn mood with flowers in the garden, in the balcony box and in the tub on the terrace. The most beautiful ones have just been introduced to you, in other articles on autumn, garden and balcony you will get to know even more and in other ways impressive autumn bloomers.