The Content Of The Article:
In this regard, farmers and hobby gardeners agree; Liquid fertilizer is the future. The list of positive properties compared to solid fertilizers is long and convincing. While commercial crop cultivation continues to carelessly resort to mineral preparations, environmentally and health-conscious recreational gardeners favor organic fertilizers. The current problem of the independent production of liquid fertilizer dissolves gradually, thanks to a wealth of experience that has accumulated. Familiarize yourself here with all the advantages of liquid fertilizer. Benefit from useful manufacturing tips.
All benefits at a glance
Providing nutrients in liquid form to the plants in the home and garden will only be advantageous if looked at more closely. The central aspects are shown in the following overview:
- Nutrients are available to the plants immediately
- more even distribution compared to granule spreaders
- time-consuming raking of granules into the soil is eliminated
- There is no harmful dust generation
- No investment in expensive spreader required
- exact dosage possible, to the milliliter exactly
- no risk of burns on dry soil
- thanks to foliar fertilization immediate correction of nutritional disorders
- effective coverage of seasonal demand peaks in nutrient supply
Make liquid fertilizer yourself - useful tips
For a long time nature-loving hobby gardeners were faced with the problem that they could draw the advantages of liquid fertilizer only from commercially available mineral-chemical preparations. This circumstance did not bother the large community of recreational gardeners and experimented with natural ingredients until it became apparent, for example, how to make liquid compost. Meanwhile, an extensive fund of important findings has emerged, how to produce liquid fertilizer for the allotment garden, without having to deal with chemical toxins. The following tips on how to make a production give a summary of the current state of knowledge.
Planting - a natural liquid fertilizer
Stinging nettles are rich in nitrogen, comfrey supplies potassium full, horsetail broth prevents fungal diseases; the list of plants that have effective ingredients is long. With little effort and a little patience, they turn into intensive Pflanzenjauchen, the ideal biological liquid fertilizers for the whole garden. Their production always follows the same principle:
- Collect one kilogram of fresh leaves from non-flowering plants
- in a wooden tub with 10 liters of water (rain or pond water) mix
cover with wire mesh or a grid so that no animals fall into it
- Set up in the sunny, secluded garden square and stir daily
- After the 14-day fermentation process, strain the mixture
- add rock flour, bentonite or humofix for each stirring
- Camomile, valerian or oak leaves also reduce odor
- additional oxygen through an aquarium pump at the bottom of the vessel dispels the stench
Modify compost to liquid fertilizer
Mature compost represents the ultimate organic fertilizer for the utility and ornamental garden. It contains all the nutrients a lush growing plant needs without having to add the least chemical ingredient. Due to its nature, its application range has long been reduced to the beet, where compost is incorporated with the rake. So that your potted plants can also enjoy the natural food, transform mature garden compost into liquid fertilizer using the following method:
- Put 1 liter of sieved compost in a wooden vat.
- Pour 5 liters of water over it and stir.
- Add a spoon of rock salt to vitalize the microorganisms.
- Set up at the outer end of the garden and cover.
Make liquid flower fertilizer yourself
In order for the bouquet of flowers in the vase to present its lavish flowering for a long time, additional nutrients such as nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus are indispensable. The same applies to flowering and evergreen houseplants. In the service of the environment hobby gardeners decide in this case also for the use of hand-made liquid fertilizer. The most popular examples:
- Potato water: cooled used as irrigation water, it releases valuable nutrients
- Stale beer: this contains a wealth of nutritious ingredients that unfold when they are watered
- Baker's yeast: dissolve a fresh yeast cube in 10 liters of water and pour the plants
- Coke or coffee: provides plants in acid soil with important nutrients and lowers the pH value
- Eggwater: used as irrigation water, supplies the flowers with calcium and oxygen
- Salat: once a month 1 tablespoon dissolved in 2 liters of irrigation water, ideal for limescale plants
Liquid fertilizer for the lawn
A lush green lawn carpet will not develop without a sophisticated supply of additional nutrients. When using lawn fertilizer in granular form, however, there is always the risk of over-fertilization. With an organic liquid fertilizer you revitalize the grasses without risking burns or burning. Red beetroot has proven to be very effective here. Let 1 kg of leaves and stems ferment in 10 liters of water for 14 days. Apply this natural lawn fertilizer twice a week after dilapidation or a new plant, diluted 1:10. The green area will recover splendidly within a short time and grow densely.
Conclusion of the editorship
Liquid fertilizer convinces with powerful advantages, such as a rapid effect and an uncomplicated application. In order to enjoy the numerous positive attributes, a hobby gardener is not forced to resort to mineral preparations from the trade. Thanks to simple formulas, compost can also be modified to liquid fertilizers, such as nitrogen-containing stinging nettles or potassium-rich comfrey leaves. The inevitable stench is significantly reduced by the addition of rock flour or the targeted supply of oxygen by means of an aquarium pump. Those who shy away from this effort, uses a variety of home remedies to use their nutrients as liquid fertilizers for flowers.
Worth knowing about liquid fertilizers soon
Liquid fertilizer has the advantage over the solid fertilizer (such as fertilizer sticks) that the fertilizer directly and directly penetrates into the soil and provides the root immediately with nutrients.
- The liquid fertilizer Phosfik is a phosphorus and potassium fertilizer for fruit, wine, vegetables and ornamental plants.
- Phosfik ensures a targeted nutrient supply of the cultures with all main and trace elements.
The liquid fertilizer strengthens the resistance and improves the color, the aroma and the taste of the fruits.
- Another advantage is that the liquid fertilizer supports the formation of plant-own antibodies. Phosfik may only be used diluted.
- Protamine is a liquid fertilizer in which the copper is complexed with amino acids and humic acids.
- As a result, an actual uptake of copper takes place in the plant. The organic ingredients promote growth.
- The advantages of the liquid fertilizer Protamin consist in disease prevention and cell division is promoted.
- The fertilizer is suitable for fruits, vegetables and herbs.
- Boromin is a novel liquid fertilizer with ten percent boron based on borethanolamine.
- The contained amino acids increase the adhesion and reduce herbicide attack.
- Boromin is suitable for fertilizing rapeseed, sugar beets, potatoes and vegetables.
- Vitalet is a special foliar fertilizer with highly effective calcium.
- It strengthens the cell wall tissue, has a vitalising effect and brings significant quality improvements.
- It causes the targeted supply of nutrients for calcium deficiency symptoms such as internal brandy in the lettuce, fruit rot in tomatoes and apples in the stem.
- Vitalet is particularly suitable for fertilizing salads, such as field or leaf salad.
- Rizammina is a unique organomineral fertilizer for the efficient foliar application of fruit and wine.
- The liquid fertilizer ensures an improved fruit and tuber size.