The Content Of The Article:
- So overwinter the triplet flowers
- Biodiversity of the triple flower
- Care of the triple flower
- Care tips soon
- Pros and cons of the triple flower
Drilling flowers are originally from Brazil, where they are found in many different colors. The plants are mainly found in red, purple or white.
The long tendrils of the plant are ideal for planting on a trellis. In warmer areas you can even use the climbing flower to grow on house walls. However, as our winters are quite frosty, this is not possible in our regions. Even heavy rain is pure poison for the colored leaves of the plant. Therefore, it would be ideal if you want to plant triplet flowers in your garden, if you put them on the south side if possible and protect against major weather conditions, such as rain and storm. This can be done, for example, by a small roof or by a wall projection. And so that you can enjoy the colorful splendor of the driftwoods again next year, they should be professionally wintered.
So overwinter the triplet flowersThe triple flower is not immune to frost and winter cold. Therefore, it should be stored in cool, sheltered premises, such as B. in sheds, garages or basements. However, it must not get frost. But dark housing is not a problem, because the triple flower simply drops its leaves. During the wintertime you should water the plant very little, but still not let dry completely. In addition, it should not be fertilized during this time.
If the triplet flower is in a room over the winter, with 10 to 15 degrees temperature and sufficient light, it can produce flowers almost all year round. In spring, from the month of February, you should move them into a bright and warm environment. It is best to put them directly in the sunlight. If one discovers the shoots of the first leaves, fertilizing may be started again and more watered. But never too much.
The most important tips for wintering of triplet flowers:
- Drilling flowers are not hardy in our regions. You should therefore bring the plant already at degrees around 0° C in the house.
- Ideally, place the plant in a mobile bucket that you can easily bring to the house during the winter months.
- Before taking the plant to its winter home, cut it back by about two-thirds.
- Put them in a cool room -10° C would be optimal here. Make sure, however, that it is absolutely frost-free. Ideal here would be cellars, garages or conservatories.
- The room does not necessarily have to be lit.
- Water the triplet flower only irregularly. Make sure that it is not too dry.
- Do not fertilize!
Biodiversity of the triple flowerSome common and popular species of the triple flower are:
- Bougainvillea x buttiana, it has strongly wavy bracts
- Bougainvillea glabraIt blooms from summer to fall, its leaves are semi-glossy
- Bougainvillea spectabilisTheir leaves have soft hair, become slightly larger than their relatives and are characterized by their higher insensibility to cold, it begins in spring with the flowering, until June
Care of the triple flowerNormally, it can best be kept in a bucket. Your care is actually very simple. You should not water them very much. Nevertheless, it must not dry out. It is best to pour it lightly when the top layer of soil has dried. Pouring it excessively can lead to severe leaf growth and decreased flowering.
Fertilize triple flower
It is important that she is regularly and generously fertilized. For this you simply use a normal liquid fertilizer. During flowering, fertilization should be done every 7 to 14 days.
Cutting back the trilling flower
This should be done best in the spring. As soon as the new shoots become visible. In doing so, all laterally occurring shoots must be separated at the base. This ensures beautiful and strong flowering in summer. The treble flower is extremely resistant and recovers quickly, even from very strong cuts. By frequent and severe pruning you can also pull them to the bush or tree, as the main engine increasingly lumbers. If it does not work in the spring with the tail, you can make up for it in the fall. However, you have to expect a late cut back synonymous with late flowering.
Propagation of the triple flower
In nature, this flower is pollinated by birds.Otherwise, it can only reproduce artificially. But that is not necessarily advisable. If you want to try it, then with seedlings and in summer. These should be about 30 cm long and then cut off to transplant them. It needs a high floor temperature, preferably around 25° C. Lowerers are also possible, these get roots quickly, but take a long time to the first flowering.
Location for the triple flower
The selection of the right location should be based on the following aspects:
- very sunny, pleasant warm temperature and airy
- protected from wind and rain
The triplet flower shows in this case, their merits. It is extremely resistant to a variety of pests and various diseases. So you hardly have to worry about it.
Repot the triplet flower
It should be replanted very rarely. If, then always in the spring. The triple flower has extremely delicate roots that can react quickly with a halting growth.
Care tips soon
- If the triplet flower grows very fast, a climbing aid can help.
- Helpful for curing the triplet flower is to put it in the shade from time to time, which makes the leaves more resistant.
- During wintering, the room where the triple flower is housed should be aired as often as possible.
- The best substrate for plants.