The Content Of The Article:
There is always something to do both in the ornamental garden and in the vegetable garden. Here we would like to introduce you to five important works in the vegetable garden for the month of May.
Also in May there is a lot to do in the garden. A small breather does not begrudge us the garden. Especially those who have a vegetable garden must now take action. We have put together here for you once a list of the five most important works.
Vegetable garden in May - 5 tasks
- If you want to have beans, you have to sow them by mid-May at the latest. If you want more easy-care beans, then you should choose bush beans, as runner beans are more susceptible. Runner beans or beans are also used to cooler temperatures.
- If you want to try sweetcorn, May is the ideal month to plant, not before, as the temperatures could be too cool otherwise. Ideal in bed is corn with beans.
- In order to make cucumbers, carrots, lettuce, onions and also cabbage thrive, you should sow dill in between. This promotes growth.
- Zucchini and cucumbers should not be planted outside before mid-May. Both need heat and would not grow at temperatures below 10 degrees.
- For rhubarb is now harvest time. It should never be harvested the whole plant, otherwise the plant loses power. Every two weeks a third is ideal.