The Content Of The Article:
- Normal reaction to a wasp sting
- A violent reaction does not have to be an allergy yet
- allergy test
- First aid
- Risks of hyposensitization
Those who belong to the four percent of the population who are allergic can and should do something about it.
Normal reaction to a wasp stingThe consequences of a wasp sting reduce in normal sensitive people on the puncture site, the first hurts, then redden and maybe a little swollen.
Non-allergy sufferers simply remove the sting after the sting (which, incidentally, is usually from a bee, wasps can retract and reinsert their sting), cool the sting with ice, make a vinegar wrap, and perhaps lay a freshly cut one for 10 minutes Onion on. Then all the consequences that have resulted from the wasp sting should be tolerable very quickly.
A violent reaction does not have to be an allergy yetIf you suffer more from the wasp sting, it could be an indication of an allergic reaction. Could but does not have to. Because there are also people who are simply very sensitive to the poison, to circulation problems. Other people suffer from an allergic reaction that is confined to the injection site, in which case the German Society for Allergology and Clinical Immunology does not recommend hyposensitization. Even unfavorable stitches can cause dangerous discomfort, for example, stings in the mouth or throat area can hinder breathing. Until the medical treatment, the affected area should then be cooled, in the mouth and throat Stingy people get ice cubes to suck.
allergy testIn all these cases, a doctor should be consulted, who will first treat the current reaction and then usually arrange an allergy test. He then decides whether a hyposensitization is appropriate, which allergy sufferers should consider in any case.
If it was the first wasp sting, there is usually no basis for desensitization; after this sting, the body first initiates sensitization, which could then lead to an allergic reaction at the next sting. Future stings will cause allergic symptoms in about four percent of the population, which can get worse with each succeeding stitch. To nausea, shortness of breath, unconsciousness, circulatory collapse and anaphylactic reactions (reactions of the immune system) that can be fatal.
First aidIf the stingy person shows reactions that go beyond a normal change in the puncture site, the ambulance should always be called in case of doubt. Patients who have been proven allergic to wasp venom usually carry an emergency kit, which is now being used. It contains antihistamine tablets or antihistamine drops, cortisone tablets and an adrenaline auto-injector with a single dose. However, adrenaline should only be used in case of imminent circulatory failure or imminent anaphylaxis. After using the emergency kit, a doctor should be consulted immediately as allergic symptoms may reappear in the next few hours. Until the doctor comes, first aid will be provided according to well-known rules, from cooling the injection site to shock storage and resuscitation.
HyposensibilisierungSince the allergic reactions usually become worse with each new sting, hyposensitization in the case of a wasp sting allergy is strongly advised.
This desensitization, also referred to as allergy or specific immunotherapy, aims to reduce the body's exaggerated immune response.
Before the hyposensitization, an allergy test is made, depending on the patient and circumstances a specific vaccination scheme for the hyposensitization is chosen: The most commonly used slow vaccination scheme, the doses of the administered allergen are gently increased, therefore, this form of hyposensitization takes quite a long time. The shortened vaccination schedule provides for rapid increases in the dose at close-spaced intervals; in the case of rush hyposensitization, the maximum dose is reached in a few days, which requires constant observation of the patient (hospitalization). This induction phase is followed by the maintenance phase in which the allergen is administered at specific intervals.
Of course, allergy sufferers should always carry an emergency kit during the entire period of hyposensitization, even after hyposensitization, the set is still mandatory, a residual risk of about 10 percent on an allergic reaction persists. However, if this reaction really does happen again, it is usually much weaker, so the allergic person can move in the summer much calmer outdoors than before the hyposensitization.
Risks of hyposensitizationIn case of hyposensitization, the patient is deliberately exposed to the allergy-causing substance, which of course is not without risk.In the slow vaccination schedule, local reactions can occur at the injection site, which are alleviated by administering anti-inflammatory or antihistamines. Very rarely is the allergic shock, the most dangerous reaction. This danger is counteracted by the fact that the patient always remains under medical supervision for at least 30 minutes even after outpatient therapy after the injection. In an emergency, the doctor with special training can immediately initiate the correct rescue measures.
Just as important as all medical procedures is for allergic people to design their stay outdoors: the allergic person should avoid the proximity of wasp nests, practice the unrestrained wasp repelling, fumigate the wasp's nest when it is in the immediate vicinity of its permanent paths and any attraction of Omit wasps.