The Content Of The Article:
- How to get rid of woodlice in the house and apartment
- How is the Assel in the apartment?
- Prevention - this is how you make the apartment unattractive for woodlice
- The natural control of the woodlice
- Pest infestation or omens with warning effect
- Worth knowing about woodlice soon
Woodlice and cockroaches are a sign of poor hygiene in many eyes. But not only in a dirty apartment, but also in very clean and hygienic houses, woodlice can nest and cause discomfort at the homeowner.
How to get rid of woodlice in the house and apartmentThe Assel, also known under the name Kellerassel, lives where it is warm and humid. For this reason, it is also primarily in the bathroom or in the kitchen, but less in the living room or in the bedroom to find. Mislaid or badly stowed food can also be a cause for the settlement of the woodlice in the house. Where the woodlice finds heat and moisture, but no moisture and adequate food, it will stay and multiply very quickly.
How is the Assel in the apartment?The question arises for every homeowner who clears the cupboard when cleaning, or looks at an asperger by chance. The Chitin tank alone gives you goose bumps all over your body and questions all hygienic aspects. But this is a mistake. Just because there are woodlice in the house, you do not have to live in the dirt and consider poor hygiene as the reason for the settlement. On the contrary, this spontaneous and traditionally transmitted idea precludes informing oneself about the real cause and getting to the bottom of it. Moist walls can be a cause. Also, food, such as the dog or cat food in the bowl, which is preferably placed in the kitchen, the Assel attracts like magic. Since woodlice are group animals, an animal will seldom be found alone. If one discovers an Assel, one can start directly from an infestation and adjust to the fact that the pests in large numbers have arrived.
Prevention - this is how you make the apartment unattractive for woodliceThe prevention of moisture is one of the most important criteria in prevention. In a dry room, the animal will not stop, because it does not find the conditions it needs to live here. Regular airing is also one of the measures that put the woodlice in the house. Fresh air and non-existent moisture take the Assel already two important things that make up their lives and they need to survive. Shock ventilation is recommended in the cool season, as the permanent opening of the windows can create damp rooms and thus negate the actually well intentioned improvement of the indoor climate. A good insulation of the house is an important part of the prevention of the settlement of the Assel. But since the causes can be found not only in the house, but also in the basement, on the balcony or terrace, you should also take care here.
- Never place the planter directly on the floor, as moisture will form underneath.
- For wooden floors, avoid cracks, tighten the moisture.
- Seal pipes leading into the basement and avoid any gaps in the masonry around the pipe.
- Air after showering or bathing.
- Never put bath mat and wet towels on the floor.
- Bump in the winter.
- Do not dry laundry in closed basement rooms.
The natural control of the woodlice
- fix an adhesive strip in places where the woodlice are seen more often (Assel sticks)
- Alcohol is placed in a bowl or on a shallower dish, so that the woodlice there finds preferred food and can be easily brought outdoors
- Build food traps: place potatoes, overripe fruit or vegetables in a shallow dish.
Pest infestation or omens with warning effectIn no house is the Assel as a welcome guest. But who overcomes his disgust and considers the entry of the woodlice as a warning sign, will benefit from this in most cases. Where there are woodlice, it must be wet.Furthermore, the animals increasingly settle in rooms in which the formation of mold comes to moisture. In general, the woodlice in the house is a sign that you should check the insulation, looking for holes in the masonry and think about its ventilation. Not infrequently, one encounters a cause that would have been overlooked without the appearance of the woodlice probably a longer period of time.
Of course, even if the pet has shown the way to a source of damage to the homeowner, you do not have to grant asylum to the louse and can banish them from the house using the methods outlined above. Certainly, the fight against small animals will be made much more carefully, if one has made through these a discovery of misdemeanors in the house and would have gone without the Assel the risk of overlooking wet walls or cellars, as well as other causes for a settlement of woodlice.
If you discover a woodlice in the house, you should immediately go in search of a cause. In the same breath, the animal can be shown the way to the outside in a natural and innocuous way and banished from his house with the methods outlined above.
Worth knowing about woodlice soonExternal features and special features
- Outgrowth are up to 15 mm large and are from the color light gray to dark gray, almost black. The body is flattened.
- Woodlice are light-shy, nocturnal. In addition, they need moisture on their underside, so they seek especially during the day damp spots.
- Otherwise they are not able to breathe at all, because their gills are sitting on their underside.
- The woodlice have left the water as landlubbers, they also have lungs, but above that they only cover five percent of their breathing.
- The female woodlice puts its eggs directly into its breast pocket, which can be up to a hundred animals in a year, and there then develop their offspring.
- The young hatch from the eggs and leave their mother only when they can lead an independent life.
- Woodlice are among the animals that count as useful humus formers. However, only small populations are welcome in the garden.
- And in the basement you do not appreciate them at all. They seek shelter especially behind shelves, under flowerpots, stones and between potatoes.
- They generally like to stay close to moist plants and materials.
Combat and prevention
- The natural enemy of the Assel is the toad, Since not everyone has a toad in the cellar or garden, or would like to have it, there are quite a few other ways to combat woodlice. Basically, damp areas should be avoided. However, this is not entirely feasible if you have potted plants on the terrace. However, it is possible to place the terrace slabs on split or to place the potted plants on special bucket feet, so that air can circulate underneath and also the irrigation water can flow away unhindered and evaporate.
- Recommended are also fallwhich can be set up to quickly master the woodlice. Hollowed potatoes or banana peels and orange peel are excellent. There, the woodlice likes to gather and then be removed in whole groups. Clay pots, which are filled with moist wood wool, act as a trap. It is also conceivable to fill and set up a fruit brandy in a flat bowl. Placing a moist sack is also a proven method. The whole brood is then disposed of together with the bag.
Video Board: How To Get Rid Of Termites : termites in house | termite treatment.