The Content Of The Article:
The right water quality in the garden pond is important, but its maintenance is not an easy task. Usually, complicated and not cheap filter systems are used, which consume a lot of time and energy. An alternative should be Zeobakterlith:
- (1) The basic material of Zeobacterlith is zeolite, a porous rock material. Zeolites are minerals that are natural components of our earth's crust, but they can also be manufactured artificially. The minerals have a unique cavity structure with many pores and channels, resulting in a huge inner surface. One gram of zeolite can have a surface area of up to 1000 square meters. As a result, zeolites act similar to activated carbon, toxins such. As ammonia settle in the pores, they can be used as a natural filter excellent.
- (2) Zeobacter lith is zeolite occupied with microorganisms. This will increase the water-purifying effect of the zeolite, the use of Zeobakterlith to guarantee in a natural biological way that the balance of the water is produced and maintained permanently. Zeobakterlite absorbs large quantities of organic nitrogen, binds them and acts as an ion exchanger, which degrades highly toxic ammonium. The ammonium is toxic to fish and other aquatic animals, promotes algae growth and can cause eutrophication of the pond. Ammonium is very harmful to fish even in the smallest concentrations. If the oxygen content in the water z. B. is low by heat, the ammonium can damage the gill system, and the growth rate is disturbed by ammonium. The mineral also corrects water hardness because ion exchange processes occur between sodium ions, magnesium and calcium ions. This gives it an important buffer effect, the water is neutralized in certain pH ranges (about 7.0 - 7.5). Other substances that can be absorbed are, for. Free chlorine, heavy metals, cesium and strontium.
- (3) The application is simple: Zeobakterlith is simply put in a container, mesh bags or bottle-shaped PVC containers in dark color are recommended, which have many small holes. The container is filled with zeolite and placed in the pond, preferably in the shallow water zone. How much Zeobakterlith is needed, determined by the pollutant load of the water, the amount can be between one and five kilograms per 1000 liters of water. When the water conditions get better, the amount can be reduced by half.
- (4) The use of Zeobakterlith should make filter systems superfluous. The plant vegetation should strengthen, even without Pflanzendünger.Die colors of the fish are to become more intense, fish diseases are hardly ever occur, so that the use of drugs in the pond can be almost completely shut down.
- (5) Zeobakterlith is offered by several retailers, eg. B. from the company Heissner GmbH from 36341 Lauterbach, heissner.de. It distributes the Zeobakterlith on Amazon, amazon, Yatego, yatego.com and DIY stores, eg. B. Hornbach, hornbach.de, also on eBay is sometimes offered cheap.
- (6) zeolite without microorganisms needs to be regenerated, which works by using common salt. For this purpose, water is added to a container, which can absorb the amount of zeolite, per liter of water should be solved 5 grams of iodine-free sodium chloride. The loaded zeolite is added to the brine solution and allowed to stand for 24 hours. Thereafter, the zeolite should be rinsed well, then it can be used again. If Zeobakterlith is regenerated in this way, the bacterial cultures are destroyed, the Zeobakterlith becomes normal zeolite.
- (7) Zeobakterlith should work much longer than zeolite. When it is time to regenerate can be read off from the water values. There should be pond owners who have Zeobakterlith 10 years without regeneration in the water. If the bacterial cultures only have to work with normal force, they last a long time. This may be the case, especially in natural ponds, where low polluting substances have to be neutralized. Burdens often result from the evaporation of various plastic materials, the more natural a pond is designed, the longer the Zeobakterlith will retain its effect.
- (8) Anyone who doubts that or despite good water quality just want to know exactly, can the ion exchange ability in the laboratory to be examined, but these investigations are unfortunately not very cheap (around 200, - Euro).